should Myoclonic jerks count as seizures when it comes to driving?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Abynorml

New
Reaction score
Im just curious, I finally have proof of seizure activity on my last EEG, Ive had mild jerks for years now, but never while I was driving, I did have a T/C a few years ago but nothing like that, that I know of in a few years, I live alone so who knows what happens in my sleep.

From a practical point of view, it depends on whether they interfere with your driving at all and could put you or someone else at risk. From a legal point of view it depends on what the specific laws are where you are located and how they describe any driving restrictions related to medical conditions. If there's a legal gray area, sometimes it can involve an evaluation from your neurologist or review board to make the call.

Thanks, I wasn't sure of the legality, my docs have been pretty good, Ive never had a jerk while driving, except for a few times I nearly fell asleep.

Back
Top Bottom