Sleep seizures...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cadsgj

Stalwart
Reaction score
Does anyone have those seizures when they are half asleep and it feels like the world becomes HUGE, and they are just this tiny little dizzyish floating spec. If familiar with this type of seizure, what is it called? With luck I can get an answer before I go to my doctor who wants to know about my seizures prior to heading to my neurologist. Usually my current seizures are complex partials, but this other one, in all my years of having seizures I never knew it was one.

The type of seizure that you are having, I had to deal with for 20yrs. They told me I was having a panic attack, Do they last for @45 seconds? -Jeff

Do you mean that hallucination kind of feeling where it feels like big entities could engulf you if you let them???? I've had this for years!! Sometimes a few times a week, to a few times a year. It would primarily happen in bed when it was dark, and I was settling down to sleep but I was no where close to sleep or even about to fall asleep. Sometimes I could stop it by rolling around in bed, and other times there was nothing I could do. Sorry if this sounds crazy, I've never described it before. I never told anyone, and thought someone would just say I was imagining it but it was "real".
It has become less common since around my early 30s, and now that this is coming to light I am realizing that I haven't had it at all since starting the seizure medications - maybe just fluke, though.
Is it worth mentioning to the Dr., or should I just leave well enough alone? How well is odd information like this received?

Length of time for me I feel like a few minutes... maybe it could be 45 seconds as sometimes things seem to last a lot longer as we go through it after kinda shifting from this world... I will have to put this on my list of seizure problems to take to my neurologist at the end of next month.

I do thank all (Jeff, Nakamova, masterJen) for comments and to some extent understanding

I read over the "Alice-in Wonderland Syndrome" and first they talk about it being mainly an issue for children but at times hitting adults in there 30's... I really pass that by a couple years but when reading "Alice-in Wonderland Syndrome."
one certainly may think that could be the field I travel to...

great point! That sounds surprisingly similar to my experience.

Back
Top Bottom