So, heres whats happening.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penny

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I saw my nuerologist yesterday. I grow to like him the more I know him. He , himself, spent a half hour with me for a follow up which is way more than the 5 minutes the first nuerologist I had after my stroke.

Anyway, I will continue to wean the rest of the way off my Topamax over the next 6 days. He is taking it kinda fast but I went down 200 mgs last time without being weaned and had no problems. I have always been that way and I live where I can be watched and if there is a problem they can call him. I will start Keppra 500mg 2xs a day when that is complete. My psych and he are going to watch me together because of my Bipolar. I see my therapist once a week and she will report to psych and if problem he to dr.. Nuero has this all set up. Like I said I really like this guy! :woot: I will continue on with the Lamictal and Trileptal too. This is the highest he plans on taking me on keppra. I'm on Lithium and Cymbalta too so hopefully between them all I'll do ok.

Is there anyone here who did do good on Keppra? I have heard good stories about how it controls seizures but lot of irritability. Anyone NOT have the irritability?

Thanks! :hugs:

He did say that my blood test were ok except one thing. It showed I drank to much caffeine. As a matter a fact, I believe you more than likely drink it all day long. Oops!!

So, buying a case of water today. No longer drinking 3 pots of coffee a day, or tea and soda all day. Huh!!!

2000mg Keppra 2x/day.

It works great. Yes I'm tired, but what else can you expect? :p
B6 and B12 vitamins have helped tremendously with irritability.

I will continue 300 mgs 2xs a day lamictal and 600mgs aday triliptal with it. I get a B12 shot the first of every month. Should I get B6 vitamans to take too. Do you think taking those would help also. Hope I'm not as tired as when I was on Topamax. That's why he took me off it. I was sleeping about 18 out of 24 hours a day.

I know someone who is fine on Keppra, no problems whatsoever. I hope that's the case for you. :)

The B6 vitamin is the one that can help with Keppra's mood-related side effects. You can ask your neuro about that, if you're not sure.

With the coffee you could try switching to decaf. You get to go through the whole coffee ritual, but with just a tiny bit of caffeine.

Back
Top Bottom