Coping With Epilepsy International Society for Neurofeedback and Research
Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2019, 09:17 AM
Joined the Party

Red face Something which cheered me up this morning

As I think everyone knows, I went from being a New Order party kid to being a Joy Division binge listener after my diagnosis. I was a very late onset case, diagnosed at sixteen, and was in denial about it for a while, insisting that it was a misdiagnosis of drink/drug-related fits, but after I came around to recognising it, there I went with the Joy Division obsession. Woo!

I sent in fan mail to Peter Hook a while back. I didn't expect a reply, and I did not expect a reply like this. My letter had been laddish bantering about music and I'd thrown in a dark but flippant epilepsy joke, and I regretted it because I thought it was ridiculous to send such a casual letter to someone I only knew via music. I got a letter this morning with a Manchester postmark in an Epilepsy Action charity envelope, and did wonder who might have sent that.

Hooky, of course. I don't share private correspondence in full, but he did compliment my dark sense of humour and my ability to put up with epilepsy, and added, "take care, especially with the boozing, it didn't do Ian any good".

If even Hooky tells me to hold off on the drink, then I know I'm not quite doing life properly! I did have a bit of a double take when he mentioned Ian Curtis. I thought my epilepsy joke might have hit a bit near the bone, but he handled it well. I got a signed photo too. That made the day brighter. I might even manage to go out properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Myshkin For This Useful Post:
petero (02-22-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 07:34 PM
Joined the Party

Well, good it made your day brighter! A nother thing it made you realize you might want to reexamine how you live with the drink. It doesn't help me one bit either just more seizures.
Have a question are we allowed to post GoFundMe fund raisers on here? I am trying to get my life back together after losing my Boy who was shot on December 19th 2017 by his best friend. It is getting very hard I'm trying to raise money for a little piece of land to live out the rest of my days.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2019, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator / Big Smile

Hi Sweetroll,

CWE doesn't allow any soliciting and that includes gofundme.

I'm sorry about your son.