Something New To Deal With

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crazy Monkey

Playing With Angels
Reaction score
Today was a new start for me at work, my Boss (who's job was cut 3 months ago) has finally left the company and taken her childish, pathetic behaviour with her. I am now free to restructure my department and make my mark on the office.

I work in an office that is partitioned off from the main, open plan office, but now that we are a person down, my manager requested for the partitions to be moved so that we could all mingle and generally make the office look more uniform.

Accept I forgot one thing, the new person that I selected to tell about my E, he is the closest person sitting at a desk looking in my direction. He keeps glancing discretely in my direction and I couldn't think why he would be looking at me so oddly. Then the penny dropped, he is watching for me to have an absence seizure.

When I have an absence seizure, I lose consciousness, I don't just sit still and stare into space, what happens is my eyeballs roll up for as long as 20-30seconds, so that you can very nearly only see the whites of my eyes (creepy) and I can also make various movements. So it is obvious that a seizure is taking place for anyone watching. Though sometimes they are smaller (3-20 seconds) and I can sometimes get away with them not being noticed.

I feel very uncomfortable with this new situation as there are 12 other people in the office that can see me having seizures as I am on full view. Hopefully the person that does know, will stop glancing at me otherwise I will feel inclined too start pulling faces at him or find ammunition to hurl in his direction. I have only been open plan for about 2 hours today, but I know tomorrow if he keeps looking he will see me having seizures as they are worst in the morning, I currently feel like a monkey in a zoo.

I have been protected for so long either in my own office or behind the partitions that I have now hit reality and the fact is that the other people in the office will probably see me having seizures over the course of time and I am not sure if I am ready for that.

Congrats!!!

Good to hear you're work situation is getting better. That takes a lot of stress off which often leads to less seizures:rock:.

I wish you good luck with Mr. I. Stare. Hopefully you won't have a seizure until he gets bored or until you set him straight (whichever comes first).

Since you've already told a few people about your seizures it should be easy to tell them what is appropriate & inappropriate behaviour whether you're having a seizure or not.

Hey CM,

Sorry to hear about your office stalker. :agree:

Flip it around,

Ask him if he's used to staring at the wall that used to be between you two. (and tell him the wall is gone...in case he hasn't noticed :loco:).

Another thought? Tell him you've noticed him staring at you. Ask him if he finds you attractive...and threaten him with a sexual harrassment suite for staring at your boobs all day. :bigsmile:

Guy just sound like a jackass to me.

Take care.:e: -Julie

Maybe he should review "The things one learns in kindergarten".... Don't Stare

He's always had the hots for me!!!!!

Tomorrow I am going to e-mail him when he starts with the staring and ask him if he has a twitchy eye as it keeps jerking in my direction and offer him my sympathies for his condition. :roflmao:

He's always had the hots for me!!!!!

Tomorrow I am going to e-mail him when he starts with the staring and ask him if he has a twitchy eye as it keeps jerking in my direction and offer him my sympathies for his condition. :roflmao:

He's winking !

I dare you to wink back :rock:

If he starts 'coming on to you' pick up your mobile and tell him you have a text from your Girlfriend !!! :roflmao:

He's winking !
I dare you to wink back :rock:

I dare!!!

I challenged my manager once for winking at me, apparently he had something in his eye and then went bright red and skidaddled.

Yikes, I attract men that give me funny looks

I dare!!!

I challenged my manager once for winking at me, apparently he had something in his eye and then went bright red and skidaddled.

Yikes, I attract men that give me funny looks

You oughtta see ME ! :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm HUGE and have been in situations when people have stared at me and learned to turn tables and stare them down - they always turn and mind their own business. Do it a time or two and "stalker" MIGHT leave you alone.

You could stick your tongue out at him!!:pfft:

Or give him the finger (oops, sorry):roflmao:

I'm HUGE and have been in situations when people have stared at me and learned to turn tables and stare them down - they always turn and mind their own business. Do it a time or two and "stalker" MIGHT leave you alone.

You could stick your tongue out at him!!:pfft:

Or give him the finger (oops, sorry):roflmao:

Thanks Ziggi

I am going to deal with my gawper tomorrow, one way or another. I am sure the right thing will spurt out of my mouth when I least expect it too. Hehe his face would be a picture if I give him the finger

Back
Top Bottom