And the strange feelings continue..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Soo... I had an interesting experience yesterday while I was running, and I'm wondering if it's related to my medication changes or if I'm having some type of partial seizures (I know, I'm so full of questions these days!)

Anyway, while running yesterday I felt SOOO strange. It was kinda like I hadn't seen the area before, though I did know where I was - sort of. Everything sounded kind of funny and far away, and I felt kind of like I was floating (which is actually a good thing while running, lol). Anyway, I know I mentioned I also increased my Celexa by 10 mg on another thread, so I'm wondering if that was it. I guess the past few days I have been feeling generally strange anyway. Not remembering conversations and being extremely tired, though last night I couldn't sleep, and kept waking up. I wonder if my sleep will ever be normal... bleh.

I feel pretty odd this morning, actually. Nauseous and just generally a bit strange/out of it. I'm thinking the out of it is probably the medication, but I'm not sure. At least my nightmares seem to have cooled it. Hopefully they don't come back when I increase my Lamictal again this week :(

It could possibly be SP seizure(s), but more than likely it is the increase of the Celexa causing those symptoms, IMO. Here are some of the side effects of Celexa:

http://www.drugs.com/celexa.html
Celexa side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Celexa: skin rash or hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, overactive reflexes;

headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;

nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination; or

trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops.

Call your dr. if these symptoms don't disappear.

I had taken Celexa for so long and honestly that kind of sounds like how it was when I first started taking it. Very weird feeling. If it doesn't start to ease up in the next couple of weeks then I am stumped.

Thanks for the input. It probably is the Celexa. I think when I first started taking it I was having a lot more partial seizure activity so I don't really remember how I felt at that time . Oh wait- I don't really remember much of ANYTHING anymore lol. Today hasn't been as bad though there was some nausea this morning but it was before I took my medication so I think it was unrelated.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

haha don't worry I barely recall stuff anymore. Do you ever do ask your friends this, "Did I tell you this story?" I do that nonstop!

Best of luck, something will work eventually.

Haha yes I do! I used to have such a good memory of conversations with people. I still can't believe I don't recall one of my conversations on Friday AT ALL. And I can only remember pieces of the preceding conversation as if I was drunk or something. It's awful! It's like those 30 minutes just never happened. I guess I'm lucky most of my seizures are only simple partial so this doesn't happen often.... hopefully it stays that way!

Haha yes I do! I used to have such a good memory of conversations with people. I still can't believe I don't recall one of my conversations on Friday AT ALL. And I can only remember pieces of the preceding conversation as if I was drunk or something. It's awful! It's like those 30 minutes just never happened. I guess I'm lucky most of my seizures are only simple partial so this doesn't happen often.... hopefully it stays that way!

That is usually how I describe my memory. Like being drunk. Couldn't think of a better way to explain it. Plus it's irritating when you do something fun and it ends up being a blur. I hope your memory stays better then normal!

If it makes you feel any better I was having the memory issues when I was 16 and then it went back to normal for about 4 and a half years. So anything is possible in the realm of the crazy organ called the brain haha.:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom