for those of you that has had a veeg....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I just wondered if you had a veeg, and was taken off your medications, and once you had seizures, did they get stronger as the days went on without medeication or did they kind of come and go?

I ask this because my last dosage of medication was sunday night. My first seizure occured tuesday at around 2pm, they continued til around 9 that night, i went sleep deprived, but had no more til 9 am wednesday morning... then had about 4 seizures, my last one being 3:45pm today.... and then it stopped again. Now as i sit here typing this, Im starting to get the feeling of the seizures coming back on again.

Is this normal for the seizures to come and go over the time im without medication, or am i suppose to be having them more often?

Just seems weird to me I can go for a good amount of time with no seizures, then they pop in, and then pop back out again.

Hi, mom,

Everybody's different. How you react is individual to you.

I was taken off the Keppra before I went in for the VEEG. I had several small seizures during the week, then one larger one on the last morning. When I had them during that week didn't follow a pattern. No rhyme or reason to it at all.

That's the way my seizures at home go, too. On meds I'll be seizure free for anywhere from a week to a month, then anywhere from 1 to a flurry of seizures over several days, then maybe a few days without, then maybe 2 weeks stragiht with several seizures a week. No telling.

There are so many factors that influence brain behavior. While we go blithely about our daily routines, all sorts of calculations are being made beneath the surface. These calculations are based on stuff like when and how we sleep and eat, and they lead to constant re-programming of our our hormones and neurotransmitters. Predicting when the brain reaches the tipping point can be a bit like predicting the weather. Even your local weatherman can't get it exactly right...

Back
Top Bottom