Time sensitive or not

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mr. Pibb

New
Reaction score
Is Vimpat a medication that needs to be taken at the same time night and day every day. Or can one get away with taking in the morning hours and the sometime at night. I ask this as sometimes I sleep in and sometimes I go to bed latte.
Jerry

I try to take mine at 8am and 8pm but there are times that I forget what time it is and take it an hr or so late.
I think my body does ok with this but I don't experiment with it too much since it does work so well for reducing my partial seizures.
I remember there are some people who have to take it exactly on time or they feel the effects.
It think it depends on you and your body.

As a general rule it helps to be consistent when you dose more than once a day. I try to take my morning Lamictal dose at 7:30 am, and my evening dose at 6:00 pm. But I've found that it doesn't particularly affect me if I shift an hour or so one way or another with either of the doses.

Back
Top Bottom