Update med changing to Lamictal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rudy,
Gosh Rudy, what Does your neurologist say? Is he/she thinking of increasing the dosage, or adding another med?

Sorry to hear about your driving suspension, but sure glad to know you weren't killed.
THAT is my nightmare, my husband will seize when driving.

If we go somewhere together, I drive. Even though he hasn't seized on the Lamictol. (knock on wood)

Rudy,
Gosh Rudy, what Does your neurologist say? Is he/she thinking of increasing the dosage, or adding another med?

Sorry to hear about your driving suspension, but sure glad to know you weren't killed.
THAT is my nightmare, my husband will seize when driving.

If we go somewhere together, I drive. Even though he hasn't seized on the Lamictol. (knock on wood)
I see neurologist Wednesday and we go from there (knocking on my wooden head).

Lamictal is excellent for me. I also take 200mg twice a day. It spans the entire day. I have to be extremely systematic about when I take it. Going off a schedule is not something to do. I'm probably obsessive compulsive about it, but that's probably a good thing.

I know it's used for depression as well as epilepsy.

Lamictal made a huge, huge difference for me. I was told that one of my drugs went in and out of my system quickly, but the lamictal was a slower released medication and 'took over' when the other med was at a low level. It's kind of like a security blanket for me.
gee, I missed dose of Lamictal on the 9th and had seizure that afternoon.Maybe I will get 200 mg twice a day as opposed to 200 mg just once.Im not aware of any bodily retention , but maybe 200mg is just a starter dose. I am soo good at metabolizing drugs like Dilantin etc.

I shared this info with my husband, who is quite lackadaisical about taking his medications. (probably because he takes a zillion)
anyway, it is VERY important to space your lamictal 12 hours apart.
NOT 8a.m. then 10 p.m.

It should be 8 a.m. then 8 p.m.
or as such.....

Well that's what I read...

And it's probably important not to skip doses, Rudy...:lmao

Back
Top Bottom