Venous angiomas, anyone?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

musiclady

New
Reaction score
Hi:
I am have been told by neuro at first visit that the episode that I had that brought me to him, was looking very much like seizure activity and that because an urgent MRI that I had after it, (with the results making it to the neuro's desk at my first visit), had 2 venous angiomas show up on it, that they could be the cause of my seizure, and the combo of my seizure like episode and the MRI with "abnormality" on it, has caused my driver's license to be immediately suspended.

So, I am just wondering if there are others out there with seizure activity caused by venous angiomas? I am being further investigated with EEG and 3D MRI (second type of MRI), but wonder if a diagnosis of epilepsy is also associated with venous angiomas? Have had febrile seizures as a young child, may have had some other seizure experiences that I did not recognize as seizures, when I was younger.

But are there others out there with these venous angiomas that have caused seizure activity? And if you have had seizures associated with these, are they calling that epilepsy?

Thanks, just wondering and wondering and trying to gather up information, until I get all my test results and have another talk with my neuro
D

Back
Top Bottom