vertigo not caused from meds

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Does anyone here ever have vertigo & off balance? I have episodes where I almost fall & can't move or walk without holding onto something. It lasts for hours & I'm very tired. My eyes won't focus & I feel if I move them I will completely lose my sight. I feel as if my optic nerves are in spasm. It's a cross between a migraine & Meniere's attack which I also have. I want to be sure it's not related to seizure activity. Thanks.

Throughout a few months during 2011 I was suffering from something very similar to what you're describing. My doctor was mentioning it "could" be Meniere's. In the end, I was sent to a physical therapist who did a few sessions of holding my neck in different positions while I would lay on my side, my back, etc. for approximately 30 seconds in each position.

The theory was that it was related to these little "crystals" in the inner ear that can get out of whack or position. By going through this process of moving them back to where they're supposed to be (by doing what I mentioned up above), it resolved the problem. It never came back again after doing that.

I was very skeptical of the whole thing as it sounded like voodoo. Anyway, it worked. So, you certainly can't say it's because it was all in my head and I made it go away due to the placebo effect. I didn't think it was going to work at all. But evidently it did.

Back
Top Bottom