a very weird seizure experience

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

arnie

New
Reaction score
As many of you know, I have lots of simple partials; a few hundred a year for over 30 years. I'm always aware of what's happening and can usually (sort of) continue whatever I'm doing, though I may pause for a bit, and for the really strong ones, if I'm alone, I may lie down on the floor for a couple of minutes just because they drain my energy. Anyhow, a couple of days ago I started having a partial just as I was approaching my dog, who was lying on her side on the floor resting, as dogs do. I paused while my seizure was going on, looked down at her lying there very calmly and half asleep, and started thinking "Oh, she must be having a seizure right now, too." At that moment I truly believed that she was, though of course she wasn't, since she has never in her 10-year life shown any evidence whatsoever of canine epilepsy. That was the first time in all these years that I have ever had such a bizarre thought or feeling (at least seizure-related!). Is that strange, or what? Has anyone else had that sort of thing happen?

Last edited:
A simple partial can make the strangest things seem normal. LOL!

Yup!

We had a snow day at work. The university campus that I work on lost all it's power. I went downstairs to find a flashlight. I couldn't find one in any of the offices. I decided to get one out of supply. I got the key. I went, without a flashlight, into a pitch dark basement room with no windows to find a flashlight. It seemed perfectly reasonable at the time. I had been having partials all day.

Back
Top Bottom