want off Tegretol after 41 years

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Tegretol has never really controlled my seizures that well and that's why I take other meds with it. But, I noticed that my migraines weren't as bad when I went on Tegretol and it's also a mood stabilizer as is Lamictal.

I am truly giving up on what doctors say,in couse of 36hours I gone from moderately bad brain damaged to having none.I think I do what my body and mind thinks and feels is right.
Seems tegratol giving you problems maybe that your body saying enough is enough,tell your doc that

Tegretol was the first AED I was given--in 1987. They had to take me off of it within 2 weeks, though. I had a severe reaction to it. I had a rash all over my body, a very high fever, & I lost 85% of my hair. The hair never grew back, and now thanks to Topamax I'm losing what is/was left.

Saw my neuro today about Tegretol coming off!

I will take 50MG of tegretol and I will slowly decrease it and I will go up on the Fycompa by 2MG

Tegratol first thing I took for e had horrible side effects but very difficult to describe them I just felt yuk and I get shudders just thinking about side effects.It stopped e but I rather have e and anything else than those side effects very surreal

Back
Top Bottom