wetting the bed during sleep seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
I slept bad and given the signs including wetting the bed which I've never done since I was a kid, among other things, I'm assuming sleep seizure.

do those with sleep seizures commonly have bed wetting? I can't really find much info online. Especially not today. Yuck.

I'm sorry Peter, no fun. :(

I don't think there are any statistics on how common bedwetting is with nocturnal seizures. It's just one of those things that might happen during a seizure. At least it lets you know the seizure occurred.

that's what I figured - at least it's a more concrete result than just feeling sore and weird in the morning
bleah

It doesn't occur as often now. Only life changes are the keppra and I pottie before bed and anytime I wake up while sleeping; even if I don't think/feel like I need to go.

Hint...I have a good supply of clean sheets on hand tho! :rolleyes:

Bedwetting is common for T.C.s no matter where or when. Is that what it was? If so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I thank the stars every time I come out of one that there was no bladder loss, but know that it's normal if it does happen.

yeah Qtown - a TC
I was never really aware that I had them at night until recently (new girlfriend staying over - though she was gone on that night)
since then I've had my classic post-TC feelings too including my hips and brain
lucky for me (I guess?) I've never lost my bladder during my tonic-clonics until now

Sorry to hear that :( I suffer the same damn thing. Day or night. The tonic clonics make me piss. Horrid horrid thing to happen! You have my sympathy! I have loads of clean sheets, and I always carry clean clothes and wipes. This for me is the worse effect. :(

I too wet myself during seizure .... I used to only have sleep seizures which have now changed to daytime ones ...but yea bed wetting Im sure is common amongst those who have t/c during sleep ... Its weather the person is to embarrassed to admit it ...

Hope you feel better soon x

It's only happened to me once, not in bed, but at a furniture store right before christmas a few years ago. Pretty embarrassing.

Odd question: but has anyone pooped during a seizure?
I've always been worried about the possibility.

During a Gran-Mal seizure I wet myself. A couple other times during night seizures.

Other than that, I've been good. "knock on wood".

Odd question: but has anyone pooped during a seizure?
I've always been worried about the possibility.

:( I'm afraid to admit, yes once. But under different circumstances it would't of happened.

At the time I was working. I hated my job at that point. My boss(es) were
real jerks, most of my co-workers were lazy. I was in a really stressful position. At the time I was also looking for another job. Well it was winter, and I wasn't feeling well. During my break I went to the bathroom. I must have picked up the bug, because I had diarrhea. Once I was finished and cleaned up, I went back to work. But I soon had to go again. So off I went. Not less then a few minutes I got there, I was called back to work. I managed to get cleaned up and back to work quickly. Somewhere between bathroom and my work place I had a seizure (CPS). That seizure caused be to loose control of my bowels. :(

It only happened once.

Back
Top Bottom