What do you feel while having a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Usually when I have a seizure I don't know I'm having it. I just go into my own little world. I'll either stare off into space or do goofy things until I come out of it.

For instance one that I had I kept trying to put a pillow in a pillow case on like a sock. My husband kept trying to take it off of me but I kept pulling it back from him. He just gave up and let me do it until I came out.

Another time I loaded the dishwasher all goofy. I had all sorts of things in there that didn't belong in it and had the silverware just sitting on the drawers.

I'll have ones where I'll be talking to someone and I'll know what I'm saying, but that's not what's coming out of my mouth. I'll just mumble or slur my words.

Usually when I start to come out of ones my family will ask me simple questions. For example: What is my name, what is their name, where am I and things like that. The answer is up there but I just can't think of it.

I have one's where the room just won't look right. It seems like the pictures should be on different walls or the kitchen should be on the other side of the house. I do crossword puzzles too and sometimes I'll just be completly confused about the question or what the simple answer is.

I did have one not to long ago where my lips started to tingle and then my vision got blury and the tingling went down my arms into my legs. I had to sit down on the floor until it all went away. That was the first time (that I can remember at least) that I've had one that bad that I actually knew I was having.

Back
Top Bottom