What does it feel like after a partial seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

chw4o

New
Reaction score
I want to know what my 3 year old feels like after he has a seizure. They are partial seizures, not grand-mal or tonic-clonic -whatever you call them. They are simply twitching on one side of his body and in his face. They last usually less than 10 minutes when the diastat pen is given right away. I wonder if he hurts or has a headache or what other people feel after a partial seizure...

I have simple partial seizures. They last between 1-3 minutes. After the seizure is over, I feel tired, kind of like Ive been hit by a truck. I stiffen up during my seizures and jerk all over. So after my seizures, my body feels all worn out and just hurts from being all stiff. I usually have a headache afterwords and Im very tired.

Pain is not a part of my post-ictal period nor do I know it to be a part of anyones post-ictal effects (bitten tongues & bumps from falling during T/Cs excluded). I may be tired, physically & mentally or I might not feel anything at all afterwards. At the worst I feel totally out of it & know that I'm pretty well useless for a while so I sleep it off if I can.

Back
Top Bottom