whats with this dizziness, anyone?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLynn

New
Reaction score
You know sometimes I am not sure, as Ive said before all what has to do with my epilepsy, and what doesnt. I think back to before meds, and I remember in beginning getting dizzy then too, and being dizzy for entire days, etc. Now I am dizzy almost everyday of my life. And some days (maybe hormonal) are the worst. I feel it all the time, so I know its not "public anxiety" related. Its as if everything around me is moving, and when I walk, its as if Im walking on a rocking boat, and these sensations can last for days on end... and it affects the way things look to me as well, nothing appears stable exactly.
Today, we were heading up for a picnic in the mountains, and I went into a store (already dizzy and feeling weird) and I am not familiar with this store and where stuff is, so along with it came this really confused feeling, and I just left and didnt buy anything. Husband just picked up some snacks at a gas station instead. It is embarrassing at times. I dont know how to explain it to my family what I am feeling. Usually if I was at one of my normal stores I would have carried out with what I went after, but being in this unfamiliar place and trying to deal with being so dizzy and feeling weird, I just felt completely confused, and like I was almost spinning.
I know this isnt a seizure for sure, or maybe I had one and didnt know and it is after effects?
Do any of you get these symptoms as well? Its something I cant remember if I have even really discussed with the doctor, and I wonder if I have another problem, and maybe its not epilepsy related. I would never drive in this condition, in fact its why I choose not to, although I did get my licence.
I couldnt drive to save my life or anyone elses, its a double whammy.
It is so... frustrating.
JLynn

Have you had your blood pressure checked?

Back
Top Bottom