When do you count as stable regarding seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have jme and mild photosensetive,flashing lights always make me scared if i close my eyes but the seizure won't happen mostly since i will open my eyss or the scarness will go away.

My question is:Do you count as stable when you live your life normally or when you can stand up to your triggers without feeling anything or getting seizures??

I never dared to close my eyes knowing it will bring electrical shock in my body right away but after taking keppra things have changed and the sudden jerks during flashes or sitting infront of a computer or rare unexplained jerks stopped.

but now when i close my eyes during flashes i have some tolarence which changes depending on what i feel at the moment and its less depending on my current dosage lvl.

Kostarena,

I wish I had an answer to your question, but I don't. The standard the doctors seem to use is NO seizures at all. I think when you are 3 years seizure free, then things are looking really, really good.

Stable tends to mean seizure-free on meds. Neurologists usually recommend that you are seizure-free for a minimum of 2 years before trying to taper off the meds. And once you're off meds, they say being seizure-free and med-free at least 5 years bodes well for the future. If you are able to do neurofeedback and it helps, the effects tend to be long-lasting, so that can also be a plus as well.

Back
Top Bottom