YES! Finally (possible) result on EEG!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Malla

New
Reaction score
Hello all:)

I went to the Epilepsy hospital today. They must have had some really good ceiling lamps up there, because I started cramping the minute I walked through the door:p lol

Anyways, I went for the EEG after having a chat with the doctor - and started seizing the minute they turned the flashes on. When I was done she was unsure wether she'd let me go without the doctor having a look at me first, because my seizures went on and on...

and said "We have a lot to work with here" when I asked about the results of the EEG. Naturally she didn't want to tell me exactly untill the doc has had a look at it.

I'M SO EXITED! Because it means so much... it means help, finally. After two EEG's that showed nothing, finally now there may be results.

BIG hugs, Malla:pop:

Wow, you sound like me...happy that you finally 'proved' something wasn't right and happy that you had a seizure - finally a positive EEG. I went through the same heartache - not being taken seriously until I ran my car off the road, and it took 3 EEGs to finally show any seizure potential (a 1-hour one, a 24-hour one, and finally the 72-hour one was a hit). I'm truly happy for you:)

I know Elizzza! It's weird isnt it, to be happy for this, but it's understandable. Ofcourse we'd rather be healthy. But when something is wrong, better to know about it, and to get the right help :=)

I know. My daughter initially accused me of wanting to be sick when I explained to her that I was sooo happy I had a seizure disorder. It took a while for her to understand that I wasn't happy to be sick, but rather, happy to finally have some answers and help. Actually, in my case, my seizure diagnosis gave me some of my dignity back, dignity that had been taken away by sooo many doctors who had chuckled at me and told me my symptoms were all in my head. Even my family wasn't believing me there for a while.

I truly truly am happy for you. I know what it's like to not be believed (and helped) when your brain is electricuting you daily.

It's great to have the doctors...
A. take you seriously, and
B. have some information they can work with in coming up with a treatment plan.

It's a shame they can't take you seriously before having a positive EEG, but unfortunately that's sort of built into the system for most (not all) of them.

Congrats, I hope you can make continued progress from here on out.

I know Elizzza, and now I'm just scared that I may have a neg result back ANYWAy and that bla bla bla... but no, she clearly said:"We have a lot to work with here" and i must stick with that ha ha:=)

Ty nakamova, it is really a shame the system is built up like this...:( and sad, for so many who really need help badly. It's time for a change...

I have my fingers crossed that this was a true and proven seizure! (Did I just say that?;)

Back
Top Bottom