12 hours of seizures, just home from the hospital and feel odd.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have been having trouble with stomach pain, it has got worse and worse. First there were two pains, now one has been linked to an anti epilepsy medication and sorted and the other rages on - it brings with it more seizures, I assume it is stress on my body.
During the week I had a day where I started having seizures during the night, had another one at 10 then didn't stop (as soon as i recovered another came) until mum decided I needed the hospital at 9.
I was only in overnight and nothing was done/changed.
Just since I've been home I don't feel like myself, I feel an emotional disconnect from everything. I am not sure how to describe it, it is just a feeling of unease

Has anyone experienced this before?

You may feel uneasy because you are afraid another seizure is going to come on. Try to find something relaxing to do like reading, listening to music or a hobby that you have. Something that will keep your mind off of seizures and epilepsy.

Get a hold of your neuro as soon as you can about the problems your having. Even though nothing was changed in the ER something might need to be done and your neuro understands more things about you and your epilepsy than they do in the ER.

I've been trying to contact my neuro since the new year, I am almost unmedicated at the moment because zonisamide poisoned me so it had to come off quickly.
It's never been replaced though.

If you have a lot of seizures over a period of several hours/days I think the "hangover" can be more prolonged as well. I know I've experienced the kind of "emotional disconnect" you describe. After one particularly nasty seizure it took a few weeks before the numbness lifted.

Your post-seizure recovery may also be affected by your general health at the time the seizures started escalating. So if you were already feeling lousy due to the stomach issues, then the seizures on top of all that were like a one-two punch to your system.

I hope your regular GP and your neuro can re-focus on what's going on with your stomach. Semi-chronic stomach pain is not something to ignore.

Hi Zara- Newman,
There's been a couple of times I ended up in the hospital once was do to my seizure med lowering my blood platelet level so low I almost bled to death but I felt fine. Then the seizures started up one after another until my neuro could get me on the right meds.

The worst that has ever happened is when I was put on Neurontin and the drug caused me to have absence status seizures one after another for days. I would be out of it 30 min to 3 hrs. and the Dr. would have to put a IV of seizure med in me to bring me out of the seizure. It was later on that I found out the drug Neurontin can sometimes trigger seizures for some people so once I got off the med I was okay but before that I was out of it and in a daze for 2-3 days.
I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Zara,
I can relate to this, too. Some of it is postictal from the seizures they mess with our emotions!! You need to be nice to you and relax ask for what you need. I have had the disconnect thing last awhile and it can be icky. Hang in there. Thinking of you, Jeanne

Back
Top Bottom