19 and depressed.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

as far as partying goes, i dont need booze.i have a crazy outgoing personality and will quite openly make a fool of myself with my drunk friends. alcohol is by no means a necessiity for fun, most people drink it so they have an excuse to let go of their inhibitions.i let go of them whole heartedly and couldnt care less what people think. as far as independance i dont see why i can't have it. i have lived out of home for almost a year now, i moved somewhere quite central close to public transport (cause ofcourse i cant drive)i do whatever i please, i make my own decisions.as far as higher power, yeah perhaps or maybe this is just a life challenge. whatever reason it is we have what we have, but it dosnt mean you cannot live your life the way you choose. what is it you want to know about my eeg's?

Was yours abnormal? I had 3 since my grand mal (one two months) ago and all were normal. 2 of which were sleep deprived. It has me confused. Oh, and I forgot to mention this to everyone. Although I have been having simple and complex partials since I was 10, the day before my only grand mal my buddy and I were rough housing around, ya know, being typical 15 year old boys. Any way, I remember punching him in the gut playfully then retreating to a room in his house so I wouldn't get smacked back (coward lol). I then remember putting me right ear/head up against the door to listen to hear if he was approaching when he punched the other side of the door pretty good and knocked me back. I wonder if this had anything to do with my grand mal, since it was about a day later, or if I just generalized.

I do believe we would have a lot of 15 yr old boys with seizure disorders if this were the case.

I think you have a true case of celiac (due to your family connections) and that your body / brain is reacting to this. This of course is my personal opinion and not a medical one. You are lucky that you have a pretty clear route to follow to become symptom free.

I do believe we would have a lot of 15 yr old boys with seizure disorders if this were the case.

I think you have a true case of celiac (due to your family connections) and that your body / brain is reacting to this. This of course is my personal opinion and not a medical one. You are lucky that you have a pretty clear route to follow to become symptom free.

Yea, I know. It's just I read about head injuries and all :) I don't know what it is about weekends however. I sleep late on Saturday and Sunday and feel very spacey in the head like I use to b4 a sz but I don't have them *knock on wood*. Then, I get up very early like I mentioned for my job during the week and I don't really feel this way at all. So you believe if it was celiac (which I don't doubt) then it can make me just more prone to sz because of messed up sleep? Like I said, sleep deprivation, or waking up a lot seemed to always be my trigger? Can this still be celiac?

Welcome!

This is definitely an awesome forum for me as well. I've learned so much about epilepsy in here.

You seem to have an excellent grip on epilepsy. For me, personally, I have to be consistent with medications all week. I invested in an active dog who wakes me up in the morning. She also gets disgusted with me if I don't go to bed (really guilt inflicting!). She won't go to bed until I also do it. Instead, she will sleep on her bed and turn her head away from me (guess which end faces me?!). Or, better yet, she'll put her head under the couch where it's nice and dark (facing the same direction!). That usually does it for me. I go to bed. And, it just occurred to me why my seizures became really well controlled after I bought her from the pound. Dogs are really ritualistic.

I've had to precount meds and set alarms on my watch or cell phone especially for days when I'm too busy to think about epilepsy. It helps.

Maybe your girlfriend can get on here for support?

Welcome!

This is definitely an awesome forum for me as well. I've learned so much about epilepsy in here.

You seem to have an excellent grip on epilepsy. For me, personally, I have to be consistent with medications all week. I invested in an active dog who wakes me up in the morning. She also gets disgusted with me if I don't go to bed (really guilt inflicting!). She won't go to bed until I also do it. Instead, she will sleep on her bed and turn her head away from me (guess which end faces me?!). Or, better yet, she'll put her head under the couch where it's nice and dark (facing the same direction!). That usually does it for me. I go to bed. And, it just occurred to me why my seizures became really well controlled after I bought her from the pound. Dogs are really ritualistic.

I've had to precount meds and set alarms on my watch or cell phone especially for days when I'm too busy to think about epilepsy. It helps.

Maybe your girlfriend can get on here for support?

Glad to here you found something that has helped. I have a pillbox reminder and I take my meds every night at 8:00 on the dot. But still. I'm lacking a gf lol. We still talk but she seems to do pretty well considering how severe she has it and how much meds she takes. And she partys and drinks and it doesn't mess with her! I tell her she is climbing a slippery slope though.

sorry this may be silly but my what abnormal...my eeg's, havent had one for a long time. whenever i get tests on anything it all comes back normal. normal, normal.and what do you mean by 2 where sleep deprived, are u then refering to the seizures? what is your seizure history? u havent seem to have had to many which is good

sorry this may be silly but my what abnormal...my eeg's, havent had one for a long time. whenever i get tests on anything it all comes back normal. normal, normal.and what do you mean by 2 where sleep deprived, are u then refering to the seizures? what is your seizure history? u havent seem to have had to many which is good

I was saying that my EEGs were normal and I was asking if yours were. I know they mean hardly anything, and the "sleep deprived" statement was referring to my EEGs since I told them that lack of sleep always brought on the complex partials. If you want to know about my complete history, it's on the first post of this thread :)

I do know... that with migraines they recommend keeping the same sleep pattern every day. Find what works for you (# of hrs of sleep) and don't deviate from that if you can help it. Why not try that for three months? See if it helps.

Cool pic.. your arm looks 10 ft long

I do know... that with migraines they recommend keeping the same sleep pattern every day. Find what works for you (# of hrs of sleep) and don't deviate from that if you can help it. Why not try that for three months? See if it helps.

Cool pic.. your arm looks 10 ft long

lol, in my profile one I look stoned!

But yea, it's hard to keep a sleep schedule. I had no problems with auras in high school, but starting this job last year, requiring me to get up at like 4:45 on the weekdays and 3 AM at xmas, throws my pattern off when I stay up on Fridays and sleep in on Saturdays. It's a good job and I don't want to lose it because of the free, awesome health insurance I get along with the prescription drug plan. Like I pay $85 for a 90 bottle of Depakote!

Hi ! A normal EEG doesn't rule out epilepsy as i found out to my dismay when i was 16. I've had E since i was 13. I'm perfectly fine now. It's an excellent idea to lay off the booze completely . I find it brings on auras too. My girlfriend and i avoid parties where booze flows and have plenty of fun without it. As you said a few posts earlier , the grass is always greener. don't feel let down by looking at other people " boozing , partying ..." There's no reason why you can't party or lead an independant life. Taking a pill a day doesn't make you dependant. A friend of mine lost his leg in a train accident but he still lives a full life. He's happy has great friends ,parties all the time. The first step to independence is being free of the idea that you are lacking in some way compared to others. Life's too short to be spent looking at others pursue their dreams when nothing's holding you back from acheiving yours ( unless you want to be a formula 1 driver. you'll need a 2 year seizure free period for that). Go on ! LIVE YOUR LIFE !! ENJOY !!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom