1st absence seizure at 57 5 days ago

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dgdixie

New
Reaction score
I had my 1st absence seizure last week during a very relaxing deep massage. It was simple until a few minutes later, when I vomited 10 times in a half hour. Went to ER, got on anti nausea meds, they ran tests and cat scan and then referred me to a neurologist. He ordered EEG and MRI and I will return in 3 weeks. I can't find any mention of vomiting in my research, and the neurologist even suggested it was something I ate. (It was not) anyone else with this post seizure symptom?

Welcome to CWE Dgdixie!
I always wake up with an indescribable headache and nausea after a tonic-clonic. The nausea only goes away after I vomit. I've only had one absence seizure in my life when I was 12 and no vomiting afterwards, but everyone's different. So there might be people out there with your symptom.

Last edited:
How did witnesses describe the seizure? Do you remember anything about it?

Last edited:
Hi

Just a classic simple absence seizure. Eyes opened, stared for 5-10 seconds, didn't hear masseuse call my name or feel her tapping my chest, and no memory of it. Felt calm, was talking with masseuse about it, then got a severe stomach ache. Ran for the bathroom and puked 10 times. Went to the hospital, they gave me anti nausea meds in IV and did tests, then referred me to a neurologist. I had a stomached ache for a few days, was tired and lightly headachy the next day.

Back
Top Bottom