2 years without a tonic-clonic seizure!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just realized that it has been two years since my last tonic-clonic seizure, and wanted to share my happiness with you all! For those who are having a bad time, remember that things can change. In my personal experience, I had a lot of trials of medication before I had the right one. Now, I take 500mg of Epival and 100mg of Lamictal both of them twice a day, and it seems that it works for me. I have tried different medications and combinations before I arrived to that: keppra, lamictal, topomax, topomax and lamictal & epival and lamictal. I still have partial seizure once in a while, but I can say that those seizures are not affecting my life.

Next step is to reduce the amount of medication I take with the agreement of my neurologist, because this is my real problem with coping with epilepsy : the side effects of epival and lamictal.

Thank you for reading and don't forget that positivism is the key to pass through difficult times!

Nice one,two years tonic free.That is certainly something to celebrate and you have every right to be chuffed.Now lets hope that in a years time your gonna be telling us that it is three years seizure free.Il'l be looking out for your post!!! All the best!

Congrats Marianne! Hooray for no seizures! I hope the side effects can go away too.

Hi Marianne,
Congrats on being 2 years TC seizure free. I hope you & your neurologist will soon be able to work together to reduce your meds.

HOB - Congrats to you aswell for being 2 years TC free.

Back
Top Bottom