24 hour care.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Janus

Veteran
Reaction score
I am not able to see them coming, my seizures have all been at 3 am. My girlfriend will hear it and get up to administer oral diazapam and a losartan. Sometimes that shortens the tonic part. My question is. How do I get help from someone if she and I are separate. I can't seem to imagine finding someone to stay and hear me fall and assist me (usually until the EMTs arrived. Right now I'm really afraid to be alone and I only have one to be with for 24/7. That is really hard. How do there's do it?

Dear Janus I truly wish I had an answer for you as my husband and I deal with the same thing. He has had to give up working at any job that he could not take me with him. We are together 24/7 also and believe me we get on each others nerves.

But, I can't imagine having someone else care for me after I have had a tonic clonic as I loose bladder control nd have to have help with all personal care, sometimes for hours. Also I don't recognize my husband some times for hours and he knows how to deal with me.

Are there any disability help places in your area that might be able to get you some help so at least your partner can get out some? We tried to get some help thru a local sgency but since my husband is with me all the time they will not give us any help. You might check with your local health department too to see if they have any ideas.

I truly wish you good luck and God bless.

Hi Janus,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having seizures so early in the morning. By chance do you have any relatives or friends that may be willing
to stay with our or maybe have a home health aide come in at night time. A few yrs. ago I was having seizures in my sleep and early in
the morning so my Dr. ordered a sleep study to be done on me and they found the seizures would happen about 1-2 hrs. before I would wake
up but then I was put on vimpat and that form of seizure stopped. If you haven't had a sleep study done you may want to ask your Dr. to
do one on you along with an e.e.g. and e.k.g. at the same time. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom