A little bragging

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

SevenC

New
Reaction score
I know no one likes bragging, but I have to. It's not a lot, just a little bit I promise!

back story:
My son was diagnosed with epilepsy in October. He had a terrible seizure at a Boy Scout meeting and had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance where it took us several hours to get him back. He tends to mostly have absence seizures, but his 48 hour EEG showed him having around 5 seizures per hour, all day long.

This year we got him placed in 504 based on his seizures. (no time constraints on standardized testing)

Firstly, his school is so understanding. He missed around 10 days of school this year due to his seizures. His school still gave him perfect attendance.

He scored above average on his standardized test.

He brought home honor roll on his report card, All A's and one B.

He's 9 and is reading on a 6th grade level.

I am so proud of him. Sometimes people without epilepsy and parents with children without epilepsy, don't understand how this condition makes school work so much harder.

So I had to brag and decided that anyone else that needs to brag about their little ones can also do so here if they want to.

We love our children and brag about them anyway. I just feel our children overcoming this obstacle is something we should celebrate.

Hey SevenC,

You have every right to be proud; brag away!!! Any parent would be proud of their child with accomplishments like your son's, even if they didn't have your son's obstacles to overcome. Congratulations!:clap: :woot:

Yep, we all like to brag on our kids, regardless of "normalcy". Congratulations to you and your son!

I love to hear stories like this one! My son, Jack, is 9 and has rolandic epilepsy. Sometimes he struggles in school with the meds. because they make him so tired. He's done well with what he's had to go thru this year but it sounds like your son is really excelling. It's encouraging for me. Congrats to your son. Brag away Momma!

That's awesome!! Brag away, you are allowed to be a proud Mummy! My son was diagnosed at 9 months of age (3 1/2 now) and our dr was always so impressed with his development. He always said he was advanced for his age and to be that way with all the seizures he was having was fantastic so that always made us happy to hear.

Back
Top Bottom