A little personal update

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
So what’s been happening with me lately? Well, I’ve had some major things in my life happen. I saw my eptologist 3 weeks ago, who gave me my clearance to return to frontline firefighting duties AND my driver’s licence back after 4 years of exhausting hard work and failure to remain seizure free for a year – I’ve made it 16 months seizure free now!

In other news, my hockey side is currently 1 win from 4 matches and are sitting in 6th place out of 10 teams, unfortunately I was given a 2 minute penalty with 1 minute to go in my last match which we threw away 3-2 after leading 2-0 in the opening 15 minutes after losing one man for 10 mins to a penalty –I still challenge mine as it was way too close to call (the opposition player cut in front of me and slowed down enough to clip my shin – even though he didn’t fall, it still counts as a tripping penalty apparently). All three of the opposition goals came from penalty corners/short corners (if you aren’t sure what these are in field hockey, google them. you will be amazed – it’s basically 5 defenders in the goal with anywhere from 7 to 10 attackers in short range in front of them. The first shot is usually an extremely hard direct hit to the goal), I got out of the way of one because there was no way I was putting myself in the front of the shot – I’ve copped some nasty bruising from blocking them.

I’m yet to score during the main season however, since I’m back to playing my regular position as a halfback – a primarily defensive position, I’ll be lucky to get near the goal, even with the several 65 yard runs I’ve made down the sideline switching from defence to attack.
This weekend I’m up against the team who knocked us out of the finals last year and if their recent results are anything to go by, this will be an interesting match.

Hey Pingu
Don’t know anything about hockey lol but congrats on getting clearance on returning to frontline duties and getting your licence back

Hi CQ,

That's fantastic news that you are able to drive again along with all the hockey info. I'm really happy for you and I wish you only the best. YAHOO!
God Bless You,
Sue

Hi CQ,

That's fantastic news that you are able to drive again along with all the hockey info. I'm really happy for you and I wish you only the best. YAHOO!
God Bless You,
Sue
Hi Porkette
It's not my post lol, was Pingu who posted.

Team activities are so satisfying! (Makes me wish I stilled played any). Pingu it's great that you are getting back into form. :)

Sorry Pingu I put the wrong name there shame on me.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Back
Top Bottom