A month!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

danjor

Playing With Angels
Reaction score
Ok, so I was away for awhile. But while I was gone. I have been seizure free for over a month. On my birthday (May 21st) is when I stopped having them!! I have never felt better than before :). I am hoping that the school year next year will be better.

So, I am back and ready to post.. :)

Woooooohooooooo

Yeah for you, Jordan!!! That is SOOOO cool!!! :clap::clap::woot::woot:

Congrats! That's terrific.

Nakamova

Wonderful... what do you attribute the positive results to?

WooHoo!!

What a great birthday present:woot:

Happy belated.

Wonderful... what do you attribute the positive results to?

It was actually a mixture of things. I did not completely go off the medicine, because it did work in certain aspects. The doctor had me on generic keppra. So I tried name brand. I also am doing more of a proactive approach. Healthy eating is something that I have been doing for a while now. I read about staying away from MSG. (From you I think! Thank you!!) I also have tried yoga with some friends and loved it. Little things that I think just made this month seizure free.

Wonderful news!!!
Keep it up. Don't get cocky and think none of it matters. In fact, continue to find ways to improve the quality of your life.
Don't forget us. Check back in from time to time.

The little things

I was just reading a post about little things that help seizure control and thought to myself about some little things that have helped me along the way. Little things like keeping a journal or like taking my meds at the same time, very important. like making sure we get enough sleep. A positive attiude is priceless but not easy when your seizing. Nerofeedback gave my better focus. Kinda like a pair of glasses on my minds eye! My thoughts are much clearer.

Try some Nerofeedback then, I know that its not for everyone but for me I think its the best thing Ive done to gain some control over my seizure disorder. Then have faith because faith really can move mountains. Its the biggest little thing without doubt!

For me, it's stress management on a daily basis. One day at a time. And, my canine companion always with me to play, sleep and keep me company. We have a pretty rough play session every day. Not yoga, but fun.

Stress is a seizure trigger, Nerofeedback relieves my stress. Im stressed alot because my neighbor hates me I have nerofeedback treatments twice per month. Im on Keppra, the Keppra rage causes stress. Stress is a seizure trigger. I dont think that I would be free without nerofeedback. Do yous know about the Keppra Rage

I would actually love to try neurofeedback, I have heard a lot about it. But i don't understand it fully. I have read up on it.

Neurofeedback

is basically like a game for your brain, but it retrains your brain, so that it doesn't kindle so often, and seize. Really, that's all there is to it. RobinN can tell you more........you can PM her if you like.

There are 22 sites on your scalp that they visit with a tiny electrode to stimulate your brain with low energy. The person recieving the treatment just sits quietly and relaxes. they visit 4 sites on my brain per session. I leave feeling ready for anything,relaxed but very aware of my surroundings. Ive been recieving nerofeedback treatments for over ten years now. In that ten years Ive only seized about a half dozen times.

Back
Top Bottom