A two for one!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seashell

New
Reaction score
Hi, I have Absence sx's and my Mom has GT sx's. I was wondering if there is any other person that has problem controlling their sx'? The absence sx's and what meds you have tried?
Thanks and nice to meet you all.

Hi Seashell - Welcome to you ...and your mom.

My daughter began having seizures a year ago (age 14), and the meds so far have not been of much help. In fact the side effects have caused their own issues. We are seeing that nutritional changes as making the most difference. Hard for anyone to change their diet, but especially a teen.

I hope you find other information here that can be of help.

Hi Seashell, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Stacy (my wife) used to have multiple absence seizures every day, but she hasn't had any in over a decade now since she finished EEG neurofeedback training way back when.

Welcome Seashell

I have mostly simple particals with a few complex particals thrown in for fun. Only one grand mal. But I have been seizure free for 2 1/2 years now and AED free for 13 months.

Hello Seashell and Mom!

I have GTC's a couple times a year or if a get really sick or stressed...and on very rare occasions I might have abscence seizures. Luckily, the frequency is VERY low now compared to multiple times\day when I was an adolescent. I've been on ton's of AED's (anti-epileptic drugs) and they all basically helped me temporarily somewhat (no 'slam-dunk' prevention) and all had uwanted side effects.
You're on the right path by doing your research!....look at everything available to you.
check out this thread Which AED's Give You the Worst Side Effects ...maybe it will be helpful as well!

This is a good site for information. Ask any questions you like!

Peace
:rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom