Adrenal fatigue

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I read a little bit today about this but ad wanted to charge to read it all so not 100%sure ins and outs but from what I able to read e meds can cause this and one of things that helps is himerlayen rose rock salt.i tried the salt and it not bad far nicer than ordinary salt or even sea salt.Maybe others know about this and explain it better

It's nice that the pink salt tastes good, but don't expect any health benefits:
The amount of minerals in it is too minuscule to make any difference, and we already get plenty of the same trace minerals from other foods. They claim that two double-blind studies were done, but no such studies are listed in PubMed. There is no evidence published in peer-reviewed journals that replacing white salt with pink salt makes a shred of difference or leads to any improvement in health.

If you read down the list of minerals, you will notice that it includes a number of radioactive substances like radium, uranium, and polonium. It also includes substances that act as poisons, like thallium. I wouldn’t be worried, since the amounts are so small; but if anyone believes the trace amounts of “good” minerals in Himalayan sea salt are good for you, why not believe the trace amounts of poisons and radioactive elements are bad for you?

The claim that pink Himalayan salt contains 84 trace minerals may be true, but the claim that it “promotes health and wellness” is false until proven otherwise by legitimate clinical studies. While waiting for evidence, I’d just as soon my salt didn’t contain uranium.
From https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/pass-the-salt-but-not-that-pink-himalayan-stuff/

Adrenal fatigue is also a bit suspect as a condition. The Endocrine Society (representing 14,000 endocrinologists) says “Adrenal fatigue is not a real medical condition. There are no scientific facts to support the theory that long-term mental, emotional, or physical stress drains the adrenal glands and causes many common symptoms.”

Epilepsy and epilepsy meds can lead to fatigue and a lot of other general symptoms, but not by exhausting the adrenal glands. The hypothalamus is a more likely culprit, given the role it plays as a common seizure focus and in regulating hormones that affect sleep, appetite, stress, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks nak..I did not realise this just show reading everything on net not good and because he was doctor I took it he must be right ,hippocrit oath and all that..
That's coming off me diet.been using magnesium and had gut ache and trots like you never believe.. But also cut lamactcal down so not sure if that maybe cause feel like shIt being obvious word.
I am wondering how they got up Everest to mine this stuff up so I been shoving radioactive stuff down this not helping why I feel like crap.
Apparently my kiddies are shrinking I thought they taking my adrenals down with them

It's so tough to know what causes what, especially when you realize that the areas of the brain epilepsy can mess with are also areas that control many of the hormones in our body. As an example: One of the things that the hypothalamus secretes is an anti-diuretic hormone -- a hormone that increases water absorption into the blood by the kidneys. So if epilepsy or epilepsy meds have messed with the function of the hypothalamus, it could have an effect on your kidneys. I hope you can find a way to feel better soon.

Back
Top Bottom