AEDs and dreams

AEDs and dreams

• I noticed a change in my dreamstate when I started taking AEDs.

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • I did not notice any change in my dreamstate when I started taking AEDS.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I don't think AEDs have any affect on a persons' dreamstate.

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I was watching Coronation Street in the dream and it was Rita's last ever episode. Like Bev, she was hearing all the voices over the years. She was meant to be leaving by taxi, the audience didn't know she was going to die.

She had walking problems now and Emily and Norris helped her over to her mobility scooter in her flat (how she would have got it down the stairs, I don't know, I didn't write the script. Well it was my dream so I suppose I did, but that doesn't count. lol). She stood holding it and commented that she had wanted a pink one, but still, cranberry is nice and it's a "nice little run-around."

Then instead of getting on it, Alec Gilroy appears as a ghost, he's dead. Rita takes his hand, and he says "So you accept that marriage proposal after all then?" Rita smiles "I do." then they both dissapear.
Meanwhile, Rita's body is by the scooter. She's just died. Then it ends and I wake up.

I searched Rita and Alec Gilroy after that, and it turned out that he did actually propose to Rita!

I have the most unusual dreams anyone I know has ever experienced. LOL! I don't have too hard of time recalling my dreams in the morning for about an hour or so after I wake up but after that they are a distant memory. :)

I ve often had strange dreams. When I was on Tegretol they kinda stopped but now that I am on Keppra and Klonopin they have started up again.

I have had some really wicked dreams from taking my AED medicine. I have very weird dreams too.

Hi Kendra,

For as long as I could remember, my nightmares were bad. They were also very vivid. I could describe six to eight of them each morning. Since I was diagnosed with epilepsy and started the medication, much of this has subsided and I don't need to be afraid when I go to sleep anymore.

Maybe someone remind me what is sleep.Not asleep long enough to have dream

Yes, I know what you mean. I would only sleep for 3-4 hours each night. During this time, I would just do research for my job. When I got tired of researching, I would clean. That first week of medication, I finally slept. I am sorry for you.

I rarely ever remember dreams but last night was one of those rare occasions. I only remember almost a brief "scene" of my dream. I was in an eye laser surgery clinic and next thing you know I'm leaning over and zapping the person's eye. I then remember "oh crap I hope I did the eye that was supposed to be done!".

Oh dear wish not said that I going eye laser next week maybe your dream profotic I best make sure they do correct eye.please try remember rest of it

Back
Top Bottom