After seizure cravings

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ksanchez

New
Reaction score
I Have serious sugar cravings after a seizure. Does anybody know of good treats to have that aren't processed? Extra points for vegan options. I usually munch on peanut butter/chocolate fat bombs, but I would love other choices.

yep serious sugar cravings..well I never heard of fat bombs not quite sure I want to...HOW ABount plain dark choc that surose be good for you..i have tub of raspberry sorbet in freezer any which time...WILD LETISE leaves jst be little careful they can make people drowsy.
sorry about spelling

Fat bombs are so good. My favorite are the peanut butter-choclate. I cheat and use nutella (I know to much sugar but whatever) and peanut butter. In separate pots melt them to stirable with coconut oil in them then pour them into icecube trays, one ontop on the other so they swirl around in there. sinfully good with the protein, sugar, and mct oil.

Make sure that you are getting enough water and electrodes post-seizure. (sometimes sugar cravings are actually a sign of dehydration). Low zinc or low magnesium levels can also contribute to sugar cravings.

Relatively healthy snacks to consider: Dark chocolate, and fruit dipped in dark chocolate. Cocoa. Yogurt and berries. Chunks of pineapple Homemade granola or trail mix. Basically try to have some protein like nuts or dairy with your sugar.

Back
Top Bottom