alternative treatments-psychedelics

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

dustmansam

Reaction score
I have been looking into DMT and to a lesser extent MDMA. While very little information has been researched properly, for obvious reasons, I am still quite interested. Positive effects from these drugs, dealing with ptsd, depression, addiction-all seem to have some connection to a seizure disorder. Any experiences oor comments will be appreciated.

Any of the drugs out there with psychedelic aspects are risky for folks with epilepsy. Proceed with caution. This is not to say that someone can't have a positive experience with DMT or MDMA. But those substances are known to stress the brain and body in ways that are problematic if you already have a low seizure threshold.

MDMA in particular has a speedy component (methamphetamine), so I would strongly advise against its use for someone with epilepsy. It’s much more likely to trigger a seizure due to overstimulation of the brain (plus there are the secondary effects of fatigue and dehydration).

If you are suffering from depression or PTSD there are other meds or treatments that are considered safe for people with seizure disorders. Probably best to start there, rather than with uncontrolled substances, however tempting.

Back
Top Bottom