Always Tired.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Personally, I would tell the nurse that I would like to hear that from the infectious disease doctor. She is being rather irresponsible shrugging you off like that without even being seen by the doctor. Your Neuro sent it there for a reason.

On the positive note, the elevated numbers "may not" be too much of an issue. Mine ran high for years on dilantin, but have normalized in recent years even though I still take the dilantin.

I still get mine tested every 6 months.

Hi Everyone,
I'm still constantly tired. Today I would get sharp pains in my head along with dizziness. I don't know when it will stop. Today I started feeling sick after I got the flu shot. I got the flu shot yesterday. Sometimes I would lose my eyesight. It scares me when I lose my eyesight. I looked it up on WebMD and showed of the things I have been experiencing could be signs of MS. One of the symptoms it showed was loss of eyesight. I have had doctors tell me when I was a kid that I could be getting MS. It scares me sometimes the doctors might be right. I hope the doctors are wrong. I don't know what I'll do if I had it. Other then me how is everyone doing? I hope everyone had a good week. I also hope everyone has a good weekend.

You also said that you have diabetes Hawke. You can lose your eyesight from that too can't you? Plus you also said that you are classified as legally blind. I know having some sight must be a relief.

My dad slowly lost his eye sight. He had parkinsons disease. I hated to see that happen, as he loved to watch the Dodger Games, and read books. He enjoyed books on tape when reading was no longer possible.

I'm still constantly tired and have a hard time staying awake. I hate it when it happens.

I went through a time of extreme fatigue. Part of it due to nocturnal sleep disturbances, of course. But I would literally come home from work, eat, and go to bed. I was asleep by 7pm. and would usually get 10 hours or more sleep and still be fatigued. The key is fatigued, not tired, not mid-afternoon nap sleepy, but downright exhausted. Even with vitamin suppliments.

I started veggie juicing. Carrots, celery, cabbage, asst. lettuces, bok choy. I started to feel better juicing in about a week. I keep it simple, nothing fancy other than an occassional fruit like melons. Twice a day. 3-Carrots, 2-celery stalks, another green leafy veggie...oh and a handful of parsley too. Sometimes I'll mix things up for variety...like adding radishes, of a fancy lettuce endive/escarlo. But pretty basic most of the time. I feel pretty good now unless my E decides to act up. Juicing gets you all your veggie food groups. It is the enzymes that help fuel your body. Bottled or canned juices lose their enzymes overtime.

Hey everyone! Hawke I can definitely relate. I have been back and forth to dr and neuro for the last 3 months for exhaustion. There is apparently nothing medically wrong with me, I'm only on 1 type of medication which isn't my problem and I sleep at least 9 hours every night and I drag myself up in the morning and have a shower and come out to play with my son and I'm absolutely exhausted before our day together starts. I would love to exercise but don't have the energy. My dr said there is nothing she can do for being tired but it's a lot more than being tired. They have checked all my blood work and my thyroid and all my levels were fine. The dr discussed stress with my son and his epilepsy and there are times when I am worried but for the most part I don't feel stressed but she said it could possible be that but then didn't tell me what to do to treat it so I guess she didn't think it was that??! I have resigned myself to the fact that this is just life for me now so I better get used to it! Hope you feel better soon.

I'm still very tired and can't wake up.. Today was the tiredest I ever felt. I'm tired of being tired all the day.

I still can't wake up!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawke, it most likely can very well be
the "Weather" - the weather can impact
the feeling of being tired, especially when
it is "cold" outside. I feel this way at times
and I feel very sleepy, hard to wake up,
and drained (tired). Even if I had coffee,
I still feel tired, and I have to "force" myself
to get going.

Sometimes I feel like I am not accomplishing
anything, even when I get busy! Because it
is "COLD" and I am a "Tropical" person who
thrives with heat, in other words, I'm adapted
to this type of climate.

One thing that DOES work is shying away from
"sugary" stuff, they tend to make one "tired".
As my Doctor had told me this, but I don't
use much sugar anyway.

Another thing I have learned is keeping myself
bundled up, staying warm - helps, but it does
not keep the "tired" feeling away all the time.

This is where the old phrase of:

"Feeling under the weather"

comes from....

Constantly Tired.

This past week or longer I have been constantly tired. I could get a good night's sleep and still be extremely tired. I don't know what could be causing it. It could be the seizures that I been having since my VNS isn't working. I hate being tired all the time. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Honestly, it

would not surprise me if it were the seizures that were causing you to be tired, Hawke. Think about all the energy that we go through when we have one, especially the tonic clonics. So, try to just rest as much as you can (I KNOW, that's hard, but TRY), and relax too.......if you can find a way to do that.......

We'll be here for you......

Meetz
:rock:

Back
Top Bottom