America's Most Stressful Cities

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Forbes magazine has put together a list of America's most stressful cities and as a product of Chicago, the winner of the dubious distinction of being America's most stressful city, I have this to say: "Yeah, so? Shut up and let me eat my hot dog in peace for once, goddamn it. No, I'm not yelling. Why are you always saying that I'm yelling? It's not like you never yell! Pass the sport peppers before this gets ugly."

Without further ado...
America's Most Stressful Cities:

10. Philadelphia, PA

9. Providence, R.I.

8. Salt Lake City, Utah

7. Cleveland, Ohio

6. San Diego, Calif.

5. San Francisco, Calif.

4. Los Angeles, Calif.

3. Detroit, Mich.

2. New York, N.Y.

1. Chicago, Ill.

The magazine considered unemployment rate, expensive gas, high population density and relatively poor air quality as its criteria for what made one city more stressful than another.

Look at that ... three in CA
Stay away everyone. When you see the gorgeous weather on New Year's Day, don't even think about moving here. It is much too stressful.
Fun place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live here.

I have to agree with Chicago. Then, of the others, LA and San Diego are the only other cities on the list I have experienced. Denver, CO is a pretty cool place! Come on down!

Houston is big, but it's really not stressful to live here.

San Antonio drives me nuts with all the crazy one way streets (not nicely laid out in parallel / squares). But, it's a fun place to visit for a few days.

WHEW!! Thank God I'm in Atlanta! O.k...not really..I am North in the Burbs!
It can be stressful with the crazy drivers around Atlanta for sure. Thankfully, we don't have to deal with that too much and we know when to avoid it...if possible. And then of course Hartsfield Airport is nuts!! But I love it here!!!!!!

Michelle

I agree with Kendra. Denver is a cool place to live. I lived in a southern city for 20 years, but the south isn't my cup of tea. I hate the humidity. :(
I have a brother in SFO, and it's a fun place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Cindy

Home Sweet Home..

I think it is all what we are used to. I enjoyed visiting Parker Colorado last yr. when my sister lived there. We had fun..but I don't think I could live there. Just very different from what I was used to. I am used to more trees. And my skin and nose really dried out . I wasn't acclimated to it. I don't like too much humidity either..thankfully we only have it in the summer and not constantly. I grew up in Florida till I was an adult..and it is humid, but not constant either. Fall and Spring are gorgeous.
I think there a positives and negatives for every city/state. I love visiting NYC, but I could never ,ever live there.. too busy for me. Some people love it and wouldn't choose where we live. It is funny..alot of people love Raleigh N.C. We lived there for 10 months and really did not care for it. It's weird how we get set in our ways..Nothing like Home, right?

Michelle

This past week ..

... I think that list would start with Galveston, Houston, and keep following the path of Ike all the way through Ohio.

I would have to agree with you Dale.
Next... perhaps might be Wall Street

Yep. :agree: Hold on to your hats....... and everything you can!! It's all falling apart.

Cindy

Boy, that is that truth!
Those folks have been through their share of suffering and stress..and some still haven't been home..if there is one to return to.

Michelle

Most any

city in the path of IKE ought to be on that list, I think. But, who am I to say? I agree with Buckeye on this particular issue.

But then again, I thought Indianapolis was stressful (of course I got lost going AROUND it 3 times...no one told me it was the CIRCLE CITY!!!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:).......yes, I'm a blonde by birth.......

I have to agree. It has to do with what you are used to. And they forgot Seattle. It's crazey out here. A lot like NYC but I think NYC is safer. LOL atleast thats what my brother says. Depending where you live. I love Seattle, but it is crazy.

Wow..

I would never imagine Seattle as a crazy city. I always think it must be a really relaxed, peaceful city. I picture people just happily walking around enjoying their coffee : )). My husband always wants to go there. And I heard it is beautiful! I am sure we'll go one day.

Michelle

It is beautiful Michelle, and I find the "vibe" far different than NY. Though NY has a spirit all its own. You just need to be in "the mood".
Boston is another of the beautiful cities. I am attracted to those with water.

Robin,

I absolutely love Boston. I have been longing to get back up there in the Fall. It is gorgeous in Autumn! My husband went to college in the Northeast and I love it. And Central Park in the Fall is great too. One of these we will get up there!!

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom