Amino Acid Supplements alongside AED

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

eoviaho

New
Reaction score
Hello, i’m hopping someone can give me some info on amino acid supplements in the treatment of epilepsy as well as taking these with medication. Specially Gaba and Taurine with Zonisamide. Switching from Zonisamide soon though because of bad side effects. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since everyone's epilepsy is different what works for one person may be ineffective or even dangerous for another person to take. In lab tests, certain amino acids can helped stop seizures, as an intervention, but taken as a supplement over time, it mades seizures worse. Best thing is to talk to your neuro first — he/she should have the most current info about interactions and side effects of any supplements, and whether it's worth pursuing.

Back
Top Bottom