annoyed

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
one week I'm feeling really good then bam head feels funny.... havent had a seizure yet knock on wood... but now infection in my bladder again has sucked the life outta me im really sick and tired of being sick..... (stupid bladder stone stuck in my bladder) i still think the seizures are somehow connected to my bladder infections and ms cycle... its up and down up & down......

im going to go back to bed..... maybe ill feel better after a nap..... I reallly hate E meds kidney meds, meds period yuck blah.....

Hugs

Awww angel, that sucks !

I hope you feel better soon - and keep remembering.....you haven't had a seizure. Life's all about turning negatives into positives.

Take it easy

x

Feel better Angel.
Just remember that everyone has their ups and downs. One truly can't appreciate the ups until you have had a few downs.

Bladder infections can really be hard to fight. I've usually found that it's good to drink a lot of water to fight them. As a last resort, I take antibiotics, but not erythromcin since that conflicts with AEDS. I personally know somebody who had diabetes which caused the bladder infections. That might be something to check.
Hope you feel better soon!

thanks for the support .... hugs to you all
its my fault i was feeling really good healthy... SO i thought it would be okay to stop my septra antibotic ive been on them for ever because of this stupid stone they wont remove from my bladder until i can get ins and stuff... im sure you guys know how that goes... stopped the septra for just 3 days.... :( wasnt a smart thing to do ....... so im taking it again and am staying in bed im not going to quit it again..... I thought id be ok... drinking lots of water ........ alivenwell its from vur uti's can cause bladder stones ...... note to self and others....what ever you do dont stop your meds just because your feeling REALLY good!
trust me.....

Im going back to my cumfy couch blanket pellow BIG glass water.... sleep

love
angel

I wish you the best! Hopefully the anitbiotic will take care of it this time. Take it easy and lounge in your cumfy chair! And drink the water!

HAHAHA! See Angel, it isn't only me that tells you to drink your water.
Good clean water... not from a plastic bottle.

hugs.gif

Angel do you take Keppra by any chance. Keppra game me awful bladder infections, one right after another. Yeast infections to.

Angel do you take Keppra by any chance. Keppra game me awful bladder infections, one right after another. Yeast infections to.

yes, & ive had to up it during my ms.... I called my urologest they are calling me back soon.... i asked the urologest about keppra a while back he said hes never heard of it causing problems..... the bladder stone is i think the prob.... im not sure though and cant be until its removed.. yes, ive thought about quitting the keppra because my first thought was it was causing the infections its so hard to tell though with stones and vur while taking aeds what the cause is...... i do know that im not going to stop the septra again im sick...... stupid on my part....

ttyl
angel

I didn't think of this one until now. Do you have a dishwasher? They practically sterilize everything. If there was some bacteria still on your dishes, they would re-enter your system. If you don't have one, maybe you might want to try plastic ware and paper dishes as a temporary trial to see if that makes a difference.
I'd also recommend distilled water as something to drink. Some bottled water has sodium even though it is not listed on the label.

Last edited:
I didn't think of this one until now. Do you have a dishwasher? They practically sterilize everything. If there was some bacteria still on your dishes, they would re-enter your system. If you don't have one, maybe you might want to try plastic ware and paper dishes as a temporary trial to see if that makes a difference.
I'd also recommend distilled water as something to drink. Some bottled water has sodium even though it is not listed on the label.

yes, I have a dishwasher... ;) good advice though
thank you..

haha I'm actually getting water logged... urin test back wasnt good they said keep taking the septra non stop no matter what...... I dont have a problem with that:agree::paperbag:.... again they told me its not the keppra
love angel
hugs
love angel

When you said yeast infections, I do know that Biotin helps keep yeast down in the body.
So I searched Biotin , Keppra , and found that it also is taken to help with the hair loss that is connected to the AED. You might do some more research and see if it helps with more side effects.

Back
Top Bottom