(another) hello!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ctlnld

New
Reaction score
Hellooo, I just joined (am 23yo & have had juvenile myoclonic epilepsy for 7 yrs, triggered by showers strangely enough) and am so so soo glad I stumbled across this- most friends / family of mine pull a blank stare & nod when I talk about JME stuff (apparently it's not that relatable for most folks haha) so it feels awesome to know I'm not alone in having to deal with that sorta stuff cause it can feel alienating a lot of the time.

I recently went to a new neuro who pulled me off Depakote & put me on Keppra which I've been having a little bit of a rough time with (tho I've yet to be on meds that don't have some funny stuff going on). It's been super helpful reading about experiences w/ meds and finding out what to maybe expect- i'm glad to be here :)

Anywhoo guess that was a reallyyy long rambling introduction (I'm Caitlin by the way)

Cheers!

Welcome Caitlan!

I'm new here too and feel really lucky to have stumbled onto this site as well! So much great information. I've always felt a little alone in having epilepsy so it's nice to come here and be among folks who are in the same boat.

Nice to meet you!

Cindy

Hello, I also just joined. I stilled trying to figure out this site. I not sure still what kind of siezures I have I don't know if it's ignorance on my part or just unclear of the different kinds of siezures. I hope I can make new friends and stop feeling somewhat alone with my thoughts.

Hi neno1 and welcome!

Make sure to read all the suggested posts by Bernard like Epilepsy 101, and just look around. This is a great site and is so helpful.
I'm an RN and I've had epilepsy for over 35 years and thought I had "grand mal" seizures, but I just recently found out I have complex partial with secondary generalization. A real mouthful, right?
Don't hesitate to ask questions, search a subject or start a thread. Everyone is so helpful here!
Good luck and welcome!

Cindy

Last edited:
Welcome to both Cindy and neno1.

This forum was made by Bernard out of love for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

Glad both of you are here.

Back
Top Bottom