another seizure!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
had another seizure on wednesday this time i was out alone which was stupid of me but i thought i would be ok because i wasnt going far just around to my friends house.
But obviously i wasnt ok, i had a seizure next to the road and a passing motorist stopped to help apparently, they called the paramedicas. dont really rember much but i felt pretty much back to normal by the time i was in the ambulance.
i didnt want to go to hospital but the paramedic insisted he said my blood pressure was very low, he made me lie down, he also said my oxygen was low too not too sure if this was related to the seizure or not tho??

When I had my 1st grand mal a couple of years ago I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and I fell asleep, and when I woke up they told me that my oxygen level went down which is normal when you fall asleep. What kind of seizure did you have, did it make you fall asleep?
Later I got bill saying I owe the ambulance company 800 bucks for the ride to the hospital. Since then Ive told all my friends if they are ever around me to not call 911. To this day I refuse to pay for that bill because its so ridiculous! 800 bucks for a ride down the street...

this wasnt my first seizure i have had many. i have tonic clonic seizures, and i always sleep following a seizure however my oxygen was low following the seizure but i was not a asleep i was awake in the back of the ambulance.

Many times they put oxygen on Rebecca after a seizure (when the paramedics are called), and it seems to help her recover a lot faster.

I think you can refuse to go to ER. You have to sign a paper knowing of the consequences, and they usually call the hospital to explain the situation. If you have a known condition like this, most of the time they are respectful. At least they are in our community. Perhaps it is because I am there always to make those decisions. They might not let the patient make the call.. but then again if you are 18 it might be okay if you are aware of what is happening.

I dont understand, it doesnt make sense to me. If you are awake and breathing normally then shouldnt your oxygen levels be normal? I mean, your breathing normally, only like 20% of the air is oxygen and most of that oxygen is exhaled so you should be getting enough. As far as blood pressure goes Im not sure cause I dont know much about that. But it sounds kind of flimsy to me. I dont trust paramedics. Maybe someone else on the forums can clear this up.

Robin is right, they would put you on oxygen after a seizure and it would help you recover faster because your not breathing normally during a tonic clonic so I would assume that there would be an interruption of oxygen to the brain. Kinda like how going to an oxygen bar supposedly makes people feel better, so would the paramedics oxygen machine.

Back
Top Bottom