Any good computer programs for noting rate/intensity of seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good program to measure the rate and intensity of seizures one is having? I'd like to be able to see what is happening on a graph to take note of either what therapies may be working - or what triggers may be prevalent at a particular time. I could probably make something on Excel, but wonder if anyone has created a special program for this.

I would like to figure out how to make a graph on seizure occurance, diet, sleep, social/emotional, and vitamin supplements/ AED interactions.
My mind just doesn't work along these lines, so I stick with my paper calendar and colored pencils.

Good thread!...

I want in on it if you find something!...I'll be looking.
I'm thinking an Excel spreadsheet is probably the quickest to make, but could be done in various database formats pretty easily too!
:rock:

easy for some... I have no idea how to even begin

Okay, how bout this?....

Check out this link to Epitrax...I found it through a mention in the EFA's forum that came up when I searched on 'epilepsy tracking software'.

I would state here that CWE has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PRODUCT OR COMPANY!....I'm just responding to the thread question!

Last edited:
Hi, I did find this one "www.seizuretracker.com". It gives a lot of detail for triggers and description of seizures. The only catch is it is online only - and it is designed for pills only. (The latter makes me suspect it is a hook for drug companies to check on how different meds do - or to send you emails about their drugs.) One cannot enter alternative treatments, vitamins, or the such. It is on the right track, but I'd feel uncomfortable putting personal info in a public database.

Maybe we can exchange notes and design our own Excel program. Or talk to a program designer. There's a need for this, that's for sure!

Last edited:
yes there is a need for this, John.
I agree, if it has no tracking of nutrition, or water intake, or amount of sleep and stress, I am not interested.

Checkin' out your site Spencer

I did email man who wrote "SeizureTracker", Robert Moss. He created it as a way to track seizures for benefit of child who has seizures. He said he plans to include alternative treatments in future as well as have a page for feedback from users. He assured me it is confidential online.

It's free, that's one nice thing. I'd still prefer to have info in my computer. One thing I'd love is to put a program in my PDA so I can enter info on the spot (once I get my memory back). I'm going to look at this "Epitrax" (sounds like a drug). Fifty bucks sounds a little high; I'd rather make my own. But you get 30 days free to try it out.

I'm on the same page JF...

...Fifty bucks sounds a little high; I'd rather make my own. But you get 30 days free to try it out....

Search continues!...and I AM kind of happy to see SOME action out there in the area of epilepsy software!
:rock:

Hi, I did find this one "www.seizuretracker.com". It gives a lot of detail for triggers and description of seizures. The only catch is it is online only - and it is designed for pills only. (The latter makes me suspect it is a hook for drug companies to check on how different meds do - or to send you emails about their drugs.) One cannot enter alternative treatments, vitamins, or the such. It is on the right track, but I'd feel uncomfortable putting personal info in a public database.

Maybe we can exchange notes and design our own Excel program. Or talk to a program designer. There's a need for this, that's for sure!

There's been various threads on this
program and it's been a coin toss up,
positive and negative.

If you google it up: seizure tracker

You should be able to find forum topics
and read up from all over in reference
to it, about it, and those who used it.

It's been quite awhile since I've read
anything or followed along on it.

If I weren't so incredibly busy right now, I'd make it. I've got several programming projects in front of me at the moment though.

Back
Top Bottom