Any Perrenial Ideas?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I hope all of you are doing well and I wish you only the best. If any of you like to garden I need some ideas for a steep bank that's got grass planted on it right now. I want to plant some spreading perennials that will hold a steep bank and that will spread fast. I get some sun and some shade on the bank it depends on the area. If any of you have some ideas and would like to share them with me I would appreciate it.
Thanks again. I wish all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

My husband and I do some gardening, mostly vegetables and roses. I like to plant some perennials in large pots to keep by the entrance. I just choose 2 or 3 flowers with very different colors and heights. We've planted vegetable seeds in small pots & will transfer them once they sprout. Two years ago, we used the posts of our old fence & made raised beds to plant them in.
We've actually been trying to get rid of plants from our yard since we moved into this house 9 years ago. The last owner had planted so much in the backyard that it couldn't even mowed in a straight line. There are still bulbs which bloom each year that we want to get rid of.

Hi Folks,

I hope all of you are doing well and I wish you only the best. If any of you like to garden I need some ideas for a steep bank that's got grass planted on it right now. I want to plant some spreading perennials that will hold a steep bank and that will spread fast. I get some sun and some shade on the bank it depends on the area. If any of you have some ideas and would like to share them with me I would appreciate it.
Thanks again. I wish all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I am not a good gardener but I do like doing it, I had a similar problem only it was a steep slope. Remember I live in Ireland so your talking hardy plants, you could try rosemary it is a lovely fragrant herb its low growing and spreads, English ivy is low cover and one I like then there is Cotoneaster (you can get these from 6" to a 10 foot hedge so you have to say which) but I like the creeping phlox the most, not just for the look but the smell so I planted it at the back.

originally this year i was going to get some tomatoes from the botanical gardens for grandma when they had their sell, we buy a lot every year, and she used to have them in a 20x20 near the house pluse it would give her something to invest her mind in.

Hi Folks,

I just found some white drift roses that spread and are a ground cover I just planted them this week. If you want a lot of
plants and trees along with herbs check out shrubbuckets they deliver the plants right to your door. Wishing all of you well
and May God Bless You!

Sue

My dad and I plant a garden each year. It's usually tomatoes, zucchini, squash and cucumber. Almost every year the squash and cumber gets eaten by something. Hope it's going to be that way this year.

Hi Sue-

By no means am I a gardener, I just wanted to get a little curb appeal since our bushes had to me removed. Year after year our sweet potato vines come back and it grows SO fast. There's green ones, and black ones. I bet it would do good on a slope. Doesn't flower though.

Do know there's different zones based on where we live. Weather in Texas is very very different from NY. And of course if it's in shade or no shade. Here's a great website that should give you some ideas- just enter your zip code.

Thanks CathyAnn. We'd like to grow under ground veggies, if that's how you describe the , like carrots, yams and other things like that. You might want to considerate but we just don't want to have to dig things up to eat them. lol

Tomatoes and zucchini grow great. We're usually give some away because are growing so fast that we can't we can't keep up with eating them. We plant other things too and see that they've started to grow then the next day they're gone because animals got them. Animals must not like tomatoes and zucchini though?

Actually the sweet potato vines are ornamental and not the kind you eat. :)

Hi CathyAnn,

Thanks for the info. I'm in zone 5B living in NY and with the bitter cold we get sometimes in the spring I need some good
hardy plants. Wishing you only the best and thank you again. May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom