Anybody getting impatient for spring to finally arrive?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
I know I am!

My Father has finally acknowledged that he's somewhat overweight and needs to get into shape. And we have started talking about doing some hiking on the many, MANY trails we have in our city so we, he, my Twin and I can enjoy the fresh air other than sitting in our backyard.

The trails we have are mostly old train track lines that have been removed in the past 50yrs or so and have since grown over but are still being used as hiking and biking trails.

They go through neighborhoods we been in many, many times in our lives and they also go through the neighborhood I grew up in! You could think your lost, but walk not even another half mile or so and you'll know exactly where you are by just looking at the surrounding area, or just by stopping and listening.

I just can't wait for the warm weather!

Me too. I'm in the Boston area, where it snowed the first day of spring... and right now it's 20 degrees outside.

oh you don't even know how ready i am. i get blue in the winter time, and with all this going on it can't come quick enough.
gardening, roses, fresh cut grass, sunshine, canoeing, hiking, camping.... oh :)

Anybody getting impatient for spring to finally arrive?

Yes & No.

Yes as in I've had my fill of the -10 to 30 degree temperatures for a while. I'd love to see a long stretch of 40 to 70 degree temperatures for a few months. No clunky boots, heavy coats, and I can go fishing! :)

No, because that means the 80 to 90+ degree temperatures are coming too. :( I hate summer for that very reason. It's too hot to do anything fun. That also means constant thunderstorms, meaning no air conditioners. So we need to rely on fans, which are useless because the power goes out. :( Everyone is hot and miserable. :(

I live near Pittsburgh PA and my thermostat said it was 73 degrees outside today!!!! I think it may have been off by at least 35 degrees though because it was still to cold outside to put my shorts on.

SPING IS HERE! I was surprised to find a beautiful purple tulip in my front yard. It was surrounded by weeds, but blooming brightly. I had planted it in the winter and forgotten all about it. It was a pleasant surprise!

I live in the south. :)

Wow. I have only seen snow twice in my life. Then again, I live in the south!

I must be getting used to Minnesota. When it hits 50, I'm like "Awesome, ditch the coat." When it hits 60, I'm like "Summer's here." And when it gets waaay up to 70, I think "It's getting kinda hot, don't 'cha know."

I hope spring comes soon, I spent all day planting sweet pea and phlox seeds so come on weather.

It's spring and beautiful down here in the south. I'm not in Fla. but not too far off! :)

Matthew74, I agree with you! When it hits 45-50 here in MN there's no reason to wear jackets!! (depending on which way the wind is blowing here in Duluth that is lol, if it's off the Lake it gets cold fast and you gotta keep the jackets on!) At 60-70, it's warm enough to get the shorts and t-shirts out cause we're havin' a heat wave!!

Last edited:
Hoo boy. When it gets down to 65 at night (which it does for a couple of weeks each year) the locals all start breaking out the winter gear. You can tell the local boys. They are the ones with flip flops and a parka. Strange combination.

To me, 72 degrees is just about perfect - not too hot, not too cold. Then again, down here the weather can change drasticly overnight - no kidding. (Louisiana if you hadn't already guessed) It can feel like summer one day and winter by the next morning and back again to summer in just a few days - seriously. Quite unpredictable, but it keeps the weatherman guessing! :)

Joyful - It's like that here in MN too, well, really more for any city that's on the shore of Lake Superior that is. Mostly due to the winds coming off the Lake.

But the crazy part when it comes to summer and our city, since it's built onto a hill, is it can be cold down by the lake, 60 or so, but go up the hill and it's 70-75!

Last edited:
I never did like the cold weather. If it's less than 70, it's too cold for me. But then, I've been told that down here the hot feels hotter and the cold feels colder. 60 degrees here feels like 50 further north - at least that's what I've been told.
As you can probably tell, I don't travel much. :)

Maybe it's just that the locals are spoiled^^^. That's what happens here. You live here for a few years and then you starts whining if it goes anywhere out of the 70-80 degree comfort zone.

Back
Top Bottom