anyone been sent this!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cool1984

New
Reaction score
hi eveyone has anyone been sent this!

Dear colleague

We would like to inform you that for the first time in history there is a device that can help a person with epilepsy to help himself.

We turn to you because we wish all persons and their relatives to know about this development.

This novel medical device was specifically developed to help people with epilepsy that have tonic clonic seizures ("Grand Mal").

If it cannot help you, please send it to others that can benefit from it.

One of the problems that people with epilepsy experience is agonizing biting of tongue or cheeks.

Up until now, there was no solution. This is the first time that a world renowned neurologist (Prof Neufeld) participated in developing a safe medical device that will help the persons to help themselves.

The novel device – The EpiGuard is designed to prevent agonizing and destructive damage to tongue and cheeks during seizures. It follows the movements of the mouth and jaws closely as the mouth opens and closes uncontrollably during seizures. This mode of action, along with the structure and size, maintains free airflow through the oral cavity during the whole seizure and prevents accidental swallowing of the device.

The EpiGuard was clinically tested and received the European Authority approval (CE Mark on 2003) and the FDA approval.

You can view instructions for use at the attach document.

If you are interested in experiencing EpiGuard please go to (paste the link to your browser):

https://www.gal-soft.com/a4c/episafe/slika/buynow.php

Our website: www.episafemd.com

EpiGuard is disposable and very easy to use. At the onset of the aura (a feeling that a seizure is going to happen), the person immediately snaps EpiGuard out of its package and places the device in his/her mouth. From this moment on the person is well protected against damage to the tongue and cheeks. In case the seizures occur at night, the person inserts the EpiGuard before going to sleep.

Thank you very much for your time.

We hope this massage can help you and or someone you know.

Best Regards

EpiSafe Team

www.episafemd.com

info@episafemd.com

caz!

Hi Caz

No I've not been sent this. I wonder if anyone else knows anything about this mouth guards.

Not sure.

It says you put it in your mouth when you have a TC coming on. The lad I look after has little or no warning to his seizures, so I don't think it would help him.

I think that some people do get some kind of warning. Like an aura or rolling eyes.

I'm sure someone will come on later and give better information and advice on this.

No. He has no warning before a TC. However sometimes you can just tell he is not quite right. I can't really explain it, I can just tell. He says he has no warning :?

Never heard of it. If they are advertising by sending spam emails, I wouldn't think much of it. As it is, it just doesn't sound like a good idea to be trying to put something in the mouth when you know you are about to have a seizure. But, hey, that's just my opinion...

is this a stuped idea what about putting it in your mouth before bed!
caroline

I just use a bite plate my dentist made me. If I have absence clusters my husband would remind me to put the bite plate in and at nite I always sleep with my bite plate.Thou I have never had nite szs. The bite plate has minimized damaged to my mouth. I used it fro a video eeg too. Thou their have been pple who have challenged me on that on other boards.

Positive Person

EpiGuard

I saw your post and would like to share.
I tried the device and it worked for me. My neurologists did not hear about it but I asked her to look in their website and she told me that she does not see any possibility of harm - so I tried it.

Hi johntry, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Thanks for your feedback. What kind of seizures do you have?

Hi Bernard
I have tonic clonic seizures
Sometimes I bite my tongue and sometimes I do not

Back
Top Bottom