Anyone on clonazepam?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Research tells me it is quite a good drug, I've read the reviews on drugs.com

I am trying to convince my doctors to take me off of zonisamide, but they are a little hesitant to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I used it at night when I was a kid. I don't remember having any problems with it. I took it before bed for seizures and sleep problems from about ages 9 - 13, then came off it very slowly in 8th grade when I no longer needed it. I think it helped me sleep, but I can't remember whether it helped with the seizures.
clonazepam is a benzodiazepine, so you may want to take some time reading about benzodiazepines if you haven't already. I know one of the biggest concerns with these medications is that people often develop a tolerance to them. Did your doctor recommend clonazepam? Sorry you are still on zonisamide :(

He mentioned it would be the next drug to try if zonisamide didn't work, they won't seem to agree that zonisamide are giving me problems.
I also learnt yesterday that the hospital are part of a trial that are getting paid to keep people on zonisamide. So I guess that is why.

I take it but not sure if want that to be my main treatment,I find it sublimated my e if it gets worse if I have migraine that goes then I know it e related or the aura that awful.
Just take it senserbly I made big mistake of taking it every night even if did not need it done it for years and now it would be hard to stop.I don't think it as strong as Valium and the effects are short lived.plus you got get timing riight if e effects you every night then go for it.Dont drive car if effects still floating about.I am surprised he only giving you that

We haven't spoken about it in depth yet, I've been on epilim, Keppra, topirimate, zonisamide, lamotrogine and clobazam.
None of them have changed my seizures from being one grand mal a week and myoclonic jerks or absences every couple of days.

Right now I am on a mix of lamotrogine, clobazam and zonisamide.
All the clobazam does is make me sleep, I take it when I get jerks or a aura and it knocks me out so I don't get a seizure. Sounds good in theory; but unfortunately eventually I end up feeling awful and pre seizure all day everyday until I have one.

I am using CBD but it is too early to see if it is working, I would love to come off all the medication and just see what my seizures are like with nothing.

What's the point of being on three types of drugs with terrible side effects, where I need to take tablets to supplement the side effects.

I just feel so poisosoned all the time.

You take them much same reason as me I take lamc 200mgs twice a day.It do seem unacceptable you going through all this,have they done every diagnosis test and are you under epileologist or plain nuro this is no life but don't lose heart many on forum had similar and eventually got help maybe not perfect but enough to get better quality of life.Knowing reasons and why go long way to help.i have read many times people same position and it takes just one small change in medication just got find which one

I'm with an epileogogist, I was meant to see him Thursday but he had palmed me off on a junior doctor I had never met :(

I am waiting for the epilepsy nurse to phone me, she is the one that works for him.
I am hoping that she can help.

Do you agree it is the medication causing the pain? The pain started when I first took them, then it got worse when we put the dose up.
I really need something done, I don't like being on so many pain medications,

you not said where pain is.
yes I was palmed off on underling when I went lasts month I was his last patient 5.30 obvious he wanted to go so talking about drug regime was non starter.Ialso want come off meds.
often take cloberzam when migraine starts and pray for sleep

In my stomach, it started under my ribs then it got worse and hurt all over my stomach.

We've taken the pills down our self's because they haven't spoken to us, only by 50 and another 50 tonight, but I can feel a difference. I am taking less pain killers

I take 2mg of Klonapin per night.

Seizure drugs are tegertrol, 1200mg (600/600am/pm) vimpat 300mg (150/150am/pm) and zonsamade 100 mg nightly

But i also take sleeping drugs too

I take 2mg of Klonapin per night.

Seizure drugs are tegertrol, 1200mg (600/600am/pm) vimpat 300mg (150/150am/pm) and zonsamade 100 mg nightly

But i also take sleeping drugs too
I got desperate because my neuro or doctor wasn't contacting me and hadv5 seizures very close together.
Then I took clobazam morning and night because i had a party to go to a few days later I know it's stupid.
I was fine then I got too tired to do anything I was dropping off to sleep from the moment I woke up.

I am either always falling asleep or I cannot fall asleep. When I am not on tablets with that side effect in will stay awake until 4 or 5.
Sleeping so such a difficult thing

Zara you doing same as I do,it not right way but if professional don't contact you tell you how go about things then don't know what to say as I in same boat.I do know however you need few months before reducing each time not one night and you do evening and morning equally that was my screw up.no doc help me so I knocked 50mg off at night it should been 25mg morning again at night.taking it down slowly over months not days.i got such muddle I now back on 200mg morning and night.i want stop out right but not wise.Becarefull about taking cloberzam as one of them just in case scenario cloberzam got short acting.i be inclined take after party only if you need them.We all know alcohol and cloberzam not wise to mix I stand by that but will have a drink even if should not sod it got have some life.Dont drink wine with cloberzam I am told wrong sort of alcohol.I know this wrong advice but I take zolpidin at night with cloberzam.i was taking 20mgs every night.i now down to just 10mgs at night.Doc only gives me 2weeks zolpidin.so go 2weeks without it but I replace it with nytol.I would give anything have eight hours drug free sleep.A day I take nothing be wonderful.Like few others on here It the aura so terrifying I knock cloberzam back like anything when they start.I think that is what you suppose to do if aura starts he says once head ache starts sleep it off get up be fit as fiddle.he out of frigging mind I knock them back when head ache starts.You got experience those head aches and 10mg not nearly enough.i take as many as I need to help stop head ache....getting late for me now and that time I bleat on not having clue what I talking about

Research tells me it is quite a good drug, I've read the reviews on drugs.com

I am trying to convince my doctors to take me off of zonisamide, but they are a little hesitant to do it.

Did you end up trying the clonazepam? I saw a new epilepsy doctor who said it might help me, but I'm worried about tolerance.

Did you end up trying the clonazepam? I saw a new epilepsy doctor who said it might help me, but I'm worried about tolerance.

Klonapin is kind of a 2 in 1 seizure/sleep drug.

Since it is a benzo, it relaxes and calms, it a the same class of drugs that ativan is in.

Ativan is the drug they will inject you with in the ER or in an ambulance to stop a seizure.

Klonapin is a great drug for ones with Epilepsy, but very addictive. Thats it biggest downfall.

Back
Top Bottom