Anyone tried the Epsy app?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AlexEpsy

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

Epsy is a free app (with no in-app advertising or hidden costs) available for both iOS and Android devices. Our mission is to make every day living with epilepsy brighter than the last, we are more than 'just-an-app' - we are a community and as such are reaching out to you, the coping with epilepsy community.

Some of our recent reviews include:
  1. badwolf1975: "This app is amazing, not only does it help me and my wife keep track of my meds (plus reminder alerts), it allows me to notate and track my auras, side effects, seizures, and much more.. With my short term memory being shot, I can pull this up and show my neurologist the log every time we see him.. better than a calendar or a notepad.."
  2. darianfussell: "I love this app! I’m able to log moods, auras, and seizures throughout the day which will help my neurologist and I better understand my trends that cause auras and/or seizures. Using this app, I can also keep a record of my medications and have daily reminders when to take them which is especially helpful. "
  3. Mr Jello "I have had seizures and auras my whole life. This all makes it a lot easier when you go to see your neurologist to let them see date and times and details around the events. Great tool."

We really hope this can help you with your personal journey with epilepsy, find us in App Stores

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AlexEpsy --

While your App looks like it might be a useful product for folks with epilepsy, CWE doesn't ordinarily let vendors promote products. It's great that your App is free, but folks should be made aware that Epsy (like many other apps) collects a lot of personal data, and it does potentially allow that data to be used for marketing. Epsy's privacy disclosure can be found here: https://www.epsyhealth.com/privacy/epsy-app-privacy-notice

Best,
Nakamova

Hi AlexEpsy --

While your App looks like it might be a useful product for folks with epilepsy, CWE doesn't ordinarily let vendors promote products. It's great that your App is free, but folks should be made aware that Epsy (like many other apps) collects a lot of personal data, and it does potentially allow that data to be used for marketing. Epsy's privacy disclosure can be found here: https://www.epsyhealth.com/privacy/epsy-app-privacy-notice

Best,
Nakamova

Hi Nakamova,

Thanks for your response and the clarification, apologies if this doesn't align with the policies for coping with epilepsy. At Epsy we really do want to make a positive contribution to everyone living with epilepsy, and from our current reviews and stories, we've already heard that we're benefiting many people on their personal journey with epilepsy.

Thanks,
Alex @ Epsy

You can be providing benefits at the same time as you're stealing people's data :)

I'm sure I would benefit from the Epsy app in some way. But in no way, shape or form do I just trust a privacy policy like that just on trust. No, hecking, way. My health matters to me.

Hey there. I came across this thread and wanted to share my 2 cents about Epsy. I remember how it was released, and it's a pity that there've not been any great improvements made since then. Btw, guys, I'm currently looking for a good scanning app. Maybe you could advise me about one?

Hey, what's up? I saw your post and wanted to chime in. I've never used Epsy before, but it's a bummer when an app doesn't live up to its potential. On another note, have you heard of Automatic and eco-friendly document scanning and OCR? It's a super cool technology that can make scanning and sending documents a lot easier. I found this link https://smartengines.com/ that talks about it. You should check it out if you're still on the hunt for a good scanning app. By the way, I'm new to this forum, so please let me know if there's anything I should be aware of.

Back
Top Bottom