Appt with the Surgeon on Friday...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
... and it can't get here quickly enough!

Since May, when my seizures started again abruptly after being seizure-free for nearly 11 years, I wondered if I'd ever be down this path again. EMU was just before Christmas, so I've been anxiously awaiting getting answers! My neuropsych test will also be done while I'm at the hospital, so I'm thinking it'll be a long, emotion-filled day!

My husband isn't in town with me at the moment (long story), so I'm thankful that a very close friend is coming with me. She works in the medical field, and always asks the questions that I wish I'd thought of myself.

Anxious, relieved, hopeful, scared, and a bunch of other things.

Last edited:
oh i'll be thinking of you friday girl, and sending the best wishes from the other end of the country!!

so you've done the unit and are just going back one day for the psych?
yeah long day but then it will ALL be done! me thinks you deserve yourself a glass of wine friday night. sigh ey it's so nice to get it over with!

i've got a big day friday too i'll pm ya, HUGS.

Well, the short version is this. I saw my neuro on Feb 12... after much confusion, and talking to his nurse, I found out that they'd already discussed me with the surgeon, yes, I was a good candidate again, and that they wanted to repeat my psych test... even though they don't expect my results to be much different from the post-op one 11 years ago. (Although the way that my learning has changed, my memory, blah blah blah, I beg to differ... but that's for another post!)

2 days later, I got a letter from the surgeon's office letting me know of this appointment, and after promising to wait 2 weeks to hear from about the neuropsych test before following up, I called myself, to see if the results would be needed prior to Friday's appointment. She said "No, the test doesn't need to be completed before you come in to talk to him, because they're just going in to do another resection in the same area."

The word JUST, in my opinion, shouldn't be in the same sentence with anything describing brain surgery! HAHA. When she asked how far I was away from the hospital, and I said an hour, she said that we'd schedule it for the same day then, for convenience, and we'd start it before my appointment, and resume it afterwards.

Yes to wine, and thank you!! :)

oh my, 'just' ??
that would get my cackles up too. uhhh, 'yeah, thanks, i'll JUST find another hospital then!!'

Let us know how it's gone...

Thank you everyone...

Wow, what a day. Thankfully they didn't have to repeat the entire neuropsych test, and concentrated mostly my concerns, and what they felt would be relevant. We broke it up into two parts, with a break to meet with the surgeon.

My head is spinning, and throbbing, so I'll keep this brief for now, but surgery is April 29th. Holy $hit.

omg omg! that's great news! you must be pretty overwhelmed tho. (((HUGS)))
good on ya for staying tough girl ;)

Wow They don't wast any time do they It is great news and I wish you nothing but the best

Well im glad they are going to start the surgery soon. That is really fast! Stay strong and everyone on here is in your corner.

Good luck and keep us posted. We will all be rooting for you.

Wow that's great you don't have to wait to long. Wishing you the best of luck.

I am worried as well. I hope everything came out well.

Hey Janus, this is an old thread (2013). You'll be glad to know that 2ndchances had a great outcome from her surgery. :)

I am worried as well. I hope everything came out well.
Yes she’s going really well, Will be her 6th year anniversary in April and as far as I know no seizures since 2nd surgery.

Back
Top Bottom