Back again!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

marika853

New
Reaction score
Hello All!
I haven't been here in awhile. I got caught up in my son's recovery. He has bipolar disorder. I have Seizure disorder. I'm on 750 mg. levetitracetram and was on lorazepam. Drs. don't want to give narcotics anymore so they have taken me off lorazepam and trying to get me on non-narcotics.
I think I Am addicted to the sleeping pill. I'm having episodes of deja-vu and feel that I may have a seizure.
Has anyone else here come off the sleeping meds? and what did you try to sleep?
M

Welcome back

I think a lot of us have the De ja vu feelings with or without sleeping pills

Thanks

You may be right but for Me the only time I have deja-vu feelings is when I'm close to having an episode. I live alone and fear that if I tell the dr. he may tell me not to drive.
M

Hey marika, welcome back!

Sorry to hear that you have to deal with coming off the lorazepam. Sleep issues are a known withdrawal side effect -- has your doc suggested any ways to help, or put you in touch with a counselor?

You might consider trying CBD oil. You can read a bit about it here: https://www.thesleepdoctor.com/2017/08/10/understanding-cbd/
and where to get it: https://www.marijuanabreak.com/cbd-oil-in-florida-legalities-and-where-to-buy

If you decide to try it, let your doctors know (they may even help you apply for a medical marijuana card, although you don't necessarily need one for CBD). And proceed with caution, starting with only a small dose.

Thanks Nak but have tried CBD and didn't do anything for me. Tried melatonin and made me hyper. Have a call in to my neuro to see if he can give me something but they don't work on Friday. So now I have to call on Monday, the worst day of the week to call a dr.!
Have been up since 2 am.
M

Back
Top Bottom