Benign Rolandic (frontal) Epilepsy in children

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

poteg001

New
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am a Pediatric Neuropsychologist doing a study of the behavioral and emotional changes that can accompany Benign Rolandic Epilepsy (BRE). The study is being conducted in the Dept. of Pediatrics at the University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis. Participating in the study involves some observations of your child that you would make at home and 1 trip to our clinic for an EEG evaluation. Compensation for your time and effort in completing the study would be $100. If you or someone you know has a child between 5 and 12 years old with BRE, lives in the Twin Cities Area, and might be interested in learning more about this study please PM me for a phone number and email address at which I can be reached.

Thank you

Michael Potegal, PhD, LP
Associate Prof. of Pediatrics and Neurology
University of Minnesota Medical Center

Last edited by a moderator:
Just approved the post (made it visible). Bumping for visibility.

:bump:

I wish there was something like this taking place in Oklahoma. My son who is 11 was diagnosed with BRE and prior to him being diagnosed he had been too two counselors since 1st grade because of his behavioral issues. In understanding now this may be the reason why we have such a tough time with him. Still trying to find some way to help him. Doing nothing is just not an option for me. His behavior just gets worse it seems like every year. He's not the happy kid he used to be and well, it just makes me very sad.

Back
Top Bottom