Best thing to use to keep your bed dry

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
A sometimes after a seizure I'll pee myself unless someone makes me go to the bathroom right after it. If I have a seizure in my sleep I might wake up with a wet bed.

I've tried the disposable pee pads and they don't work at all, they just fall apart from being slept on. I have a x-large pee pad from the hospital but it doesn't seem to work that great most of the time. I don't have seizures often enough to wear a diaper to bed every night. I don't know if anyone else has this problems but is the best thing to put on the bed to keep it dry?

A waterproof mattress pad and one of those fabric, washable pads on top of the fitted sheet. Could always sew some Velcro tabs if it shifts while you're sleeping. Worked like a charm for my son.

Amazon product

Last edited by a moderator:
This site contains affiliate links for which Coping With Epilepsy Forums may be compensated.
Thanks CathyAnn, I got one, haven't put it on the bed yet but it looks like it's going to be good.

I can't believe Amazon didn't put it in an Amazon box though! I just got the address plastic bag it comes in with the shipping tag on it. The instructions how to use it, how to clean it, and the many things it could be used for were was very clearly seen. Preventing urine from getting on the bed was one of them! Not too happy about that!

Back
Top Bottom