Big weekend ahead!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I often joke with friends and family that my surgeons HAD to have rewired something in my brain.

Sunday, October 20th is my 180th seizure-free day. Good reason to celebrate, right? So what have I chosen to do? Run a half marathon, of course!:roflmao: Epilepsy Toronto has a huge presence at this race, which was part of my reason for signing up, and I'm proud to have raised $1000 for the organization.

I had this shirt made to wear during the race, and cannot wait!

2h88huo.jpg
ix9t94.jpg

I've gathered a list of names of those touched by epilepsy, and will pin it to my leg during the race. CWE Friends is on the list, so collectively, you'll all be with me! :e:

Last edited:
Good luck with marathon Mel,
I'll be thinking of you on Monday (since our Monday will be your Sunday) lol & look forward to hear how you went
The shirt looks great :)

What a great shirt, and look how beautiful you are!

Congrats on the 180 days. Here's to many many more. :D

Wow! Fingers crossed for you that ALL goes great! When is your half marathon, is it on the 20th?

Thanks everyone! CathyAnn31, you have me blushing!! :rose:

Wow! Fingers crossed for you that ALL goes great! When is your half marathon, is it on the 20th?
Yep, tomorrow the 20th at 8:45am ET I'll start my 21.1km/13.1mile run... keep those fingers (and toes) crossed for good weather! Thanks! :)

oh my girl, you are a true inspiration. brain surgery warrior and a true friend, to say the least. tomorrow will be such a memorable day, still pissed that i can't be with you (damn brain surg and flying rules!)... so will be sending hugs all day.
'member tho (lol sorry bit of a mom here) to walk lots between running and drink lots of water and if you feel really tired take a break as much as you need. and lots of tears as well... good for the soul ;)
so proud of you and your 180 days... and can't wait to see pics!!! will be thinking of you... :hugs:

2ndchances

To use qtowngirls words you are a true warrior and a friend 2ndchances, this is something I would not dream of doing. I hope you enjoy yourself tomorrow and remember you have won before you have started. There is one thing though qtowngirl should not be left out.

well thank you liam, but the only thing that 'left me out' of being there tomorrow is my brain lol, flying is too risky after post-op, i 'could' have gone but felt it best not to chance it. i will be there with mel in heart and mind tho :)
she says she's doing this run for her and i for putting ourselves through brain surgery and coming out okay on the other side. she's right, and has been part of my surg journey for almost a whole year. to say i admire her is almost small potatoes to what she shows, warrior x 2.

mel you are *smile* the best ever, and thank you for running for me too tomorrow. love ya girl ;)

Very well put qtowngirl and yes a very special thank you for thinking of everybody here 2ndchances. Qtowngirl you made the right choice and you shall never be forgotten. I should add CathyAnn31 is correct, the shirts look great as you do.

You are all so awesome, thank you for the endless support, and the sweet comments! I had an amazing day yesterday! We got lucky with the weather; it was crisp and cool, but sunny. Meanwhile, it rained on Saturday and today!

I got several comments, pats on the back, high fives and compliments on my shirt, a few even said it gave them hope.... so I'm over the moon with happiness!

I got particularly emotional as we ran by the hospital where I had my surgeries. My friend had me pose for this pic, as I fought back the tears.

2wgi0j9.jpg

Thanks for being part of my journey!
:hugs:

Congrats! An inspiration to us all. One foot after the other...

I got several comments, pats on the back, high fives and compliments on my shirt, a few even said it gave them hope.... so I'm over the moon with happiness!

so happy for you girl! :woot:

i can speak first-hand that you give hope, like i've said i know preparing mentally for surgery and getting through post-surg has been HUGE b/c of having you in my life. close family and friends say i should be thanking myself for being strong and i come right back with 'okay i've been strong... and i thank mel big-time for that.'

*tears* love you girl :hugs:

So great to read your post after you finished your half marathon. A couple times I was on CWE I was thinking about you and your run, wondering just how it was for you...
:cheers:
Congratulations! Truly proud of you here.

Back
Top Bottom