Bilingualism

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
I'm curious,

How many people here are capable of speaking in a different language as well as English?

Me, I'm not fluent in any of these yet but I'm capable of speaking phrases in Japanese, French, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish and the one I am best at, German. (Currently I can read it no problems but I am now learning more of it so I can speak certain amounts of it).

I know a bit of French, Spanish and Italian. But nowhere near fluent...

Other than English, I'm fluent in Urdu. Because I was taught how to read Arabic to read the Quran, I taught myself how to read & write Urdu. I also know some Spanish, from having to take a foreign language in high school.

I took German when I was in high school but I don't remember too much of it because that was 20 years ago and my memory doesn't go back that far. I know I wasn't too good at it when I was in school though. I swore at the teacher once - said "F**** You" and had no clue that's what I said. Luckily the teacher knew that and I didn't get in trouble, the class got a kick out of it though!

I took German when I was in high school but I don't remember too much of it because that was 20 years ago and my memory doesn't go back that far. I know I wasn't too good at it when I was in school though. I swore at the teacher once - said "F**** You" and had no clue that's what I said. Luckily the teacher knew that and I didn't get in trouble, the class got a kick out of it though!

Haha, I swear in German at work all the time as I have only one other colleague who understands it so it flies over everybody else's heads

I can speak some German but it really is limited. My kid took German and was surprised by how much I knew after not taking a class in 25 years. I am very sure I if had time and a need that I could be fluent, it just comes natural.
French I took but could can only recognize a few phrases at best, the rules of pronunciation are what I can't do with that.
Other than that I can speak a little spanish and think I could learn it quickly.

Back
Top Bottom